Sign in to follow this  
kysunflower

ad aware ruining my computer! HELP!

I downloaded the free version of ad aware today, and now it is ruining my computer, it's gone crazy!!! I can't open some programs on my computer it asks which program do I want o use to open it with, couldn't open add/remove programs to get rid of ad aware, couldn't open my mahjongg game, which I played this morning before I downloaded ad aware, I even had a hard time opening internet explorer, it didn't want to recognize the program. There was nothing wrong with my computer before ad aware, now I can't use most of it at all. And yes I restarted it, and still nothing works. Whats going on and how do I fix it and get rid of ad aware?!!!!!!

I have tried uninstall, and it said to chose the program I wanted to sue to open ad aware with, it won't even let me uninstall it, and I fear the damage has been done, even if I do get rid of ad aware. I don't what I'm going to do, at this rate I soon won't have a computer. Thanks a lot lava soft. I hope to never see anothe rof your products.

I keep getting this, c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe, so searched the internet and found a fix, and seems to eb working, I hope everything is working anyway, now I am about to delete adawre and never using anything lava soft again

Could you be a little more descriptive on your issue? so we can either assist or check to see if this is any problem with the software

I downloaded the latest free version of Ad-Aware and tried to install it but kept getting "..can't uninstall Ad-Aware...need to go to control pane and uninstall." Did that, 3 times, and I still get the same message when I try it. After 3 restarts, I'm an unhappy camper. I used to have "Pro" but now it's "Free," ??? Edited by Bob Merlin

Hey There Bob Merlin,

Firstly next time when your going to make a post please start a new topic instead of hijacking someone else's topic, secondly if your a paid user you can get support here [url="http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/"]support link[/url]. You could also try going too C:\Program Files and look for a folder name lavasoft or ad-aware and delete it and see if that helps you with installing.

Cheers

CW

:D :) [quote name='kysunflower' post='123678' date='Nov 17 2010, 01:49 AM']I downloaded the free version of ad aware today, and now it is ruining my computer, it's gone crazy!!! I can't open some programs on my computer it asks which program do I want o use to open it with, couldn't open add/remove programs to get rid of ad aware, couldn't open my mahjongg game, which I played this morning before I downloaded ad aware, I even had a hard time opening internet explorer, it didn't want to recognize the program. There was nothing wrong with my computer before ad aware, now I can't use most of it at all. And yes I restarted it, and still nothing works. Whats going on and how do I fix it and get rid of ad aware?!!!!!![/quote]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ANSWER ONE) OPEN TASK MANAGER HOLDING CONTROL/ALT/DELETE BUTTONS TOGETHER, THEN TERMINATE ADAWARE PROGRAM..THEN TRY UNINSTALL
ANSWER TWO) PLEASE DO A SYSTEM RESTORE TO THE POINT BEFORE INSTALLING ADAWARE
THEN WHEN COMPUTOR IS WORKING GOOGLE "ESET NOD 32 ANTIVIRUS" FREE ONLINE SCANNER, RUN SCANNER TO REMOVE ANY VIRUSES PRESENT THEN DOWNLOAD MALWAREBYTES ANTI MALWARE, UPDATE IT AND RUN A SCAN TO REMOVE POSSIBLE MALWARE INFECTIONS.
I AM RUNNING ADAWARE PAID VERSION SUCESSFULLY ON WINDOWS 7-64BIT, YOU MAY HAVE A CORRUPT SYSTEM AND IF ANSWERS ABOVE DONT SOLVE YOUR ISSUES PLEASE CONSIDER WIPING YOUR HARD DRIVE CLEAN AND REINSTALL A FRESH COPY OF YOUR NON-PIRATED WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM AND APPLY ALL UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT.COM THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO REINSTALL ADAWARE AND BE PROTECTED AGAINST FURTHER ASSULTS ON YOUR SYSTEM