Sign in to follow this  
dolevhasid

erase from quarantine

hello.
i ran a scan and everything is just fine.
but i saw in the quarntine a few files that are malwares and worms.
i dont need the files and i would like to delete them, bet when i choose the remove and then perform action it is deleting them but just change it back to do nothinng...
please let me know how can i delete them...
thanks
dolev Edited by dolevhasid

Try rebooting after deleting - they may need to be deleted using Ad-Aware's boot cleaner. Then reopen Ad-Aware to see if the quarantine list has changed - in a prior version, I recall there was a problem with the GUI not changing until Ad-Aware was closed and reopened.

[quote name='visitor' post='123689' date='Nov 18 2010, 02:41 AM']Try rebooting after deleting - they may need to be deleted using Ad-Aware's boot cleaner. Then reopen Ad-Aware to see if the quarantine list has changed - in a prior version, I recall there was a problem with the GUI not changing until Ad-Aware was closed and reopened.[/quote]

I also have the same problem.Ive tried rebooting but the file i want rid of stays in quarantine.

i tried to reboot but it didnt work.
still the quarantine is full with worms and malicious stuff.
please try another solution.

just in case is will write my version is 8.3.5

thanks.
dolev

Thanks for the version number. I've reported this to Lavasoft as a bug to see if they can replicate the problem. You might want to try posting in the HijackThis forum (instructions in my signature) to see if you have other infections which may be preventing deletion of the files.