Sign in to follow this  
cootmaster

i didnt know where ask this but is 9.0 going back to pulse updates or ALLbecause my 8
usually says 16 updates to 50 it takes forever

yup dates same like pulse was better Edited by cootmaster

Both the Product Comparison Chart and the Ad-Aware Manual still say "Continuous pulse updates."

[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/product_comparison_chart.php"]http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/p...rison_chart.php[/url]

[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/manuals/ad_aware/ad_aware_manual.pdf"]http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcen...ware_manual.pdf[/url]

I'd been wondering, visitor, if there will be a separate forum created specifically for discussions of the newly released Ad-aware version 9.0 in the future.

There should be a separate section added. We got no advanced notice of the release of version 9, and there was recently a change in the admin lead here. I'll post a note to the new lead, thanks for the reminder :unsure:

ok cool
visitor it used be smaller pulse updates like norton
but like today i woke up and there were 51!
i thought pulse ment smaller

Dudes. You've got to go back to the way it was in 8.3.5; I was very happy with the way yoopdats worked; good & last long time. They were very fast too (10 minutes from get-go to ending on my super-duper PIII 1400-S @ 146 FSB).

Now its takin' forever and a day spinnin' gears and downloading 50+MB worth of *.sgn files two & three times (that end up disappearing). And then after each reboot it spins its gears for 'hours' - well not [i]really[/i] [b]hours[/b], but [i]still[/i] - and there's nuthin' to show for it. It used to always make a new [i]hashdiskcache[/i] and stuff. I noes this 'cause I always had to defrag the HDD afterwards; that not true anymore.

[i]Seems[/i] like he spins gears and does nuthin' but waste my time.

If somebody would ask me I'd tell 'em: you should let the user know [i]why[/i] you're wasting their time. You know, back in the day, when 8088 CPU was [i]the[/i] hottest thing on the planet, I wrote apps on [i]multi-user interactivet[/i] - gasp - [i][b]Unix[/b][/i] platforms - supporting several tens of users of green-screen Business BASIC source-code applications where a spinning stick on the 'status' line 24 @ column 75 (of 80) to indicate processing ('working' for you [i][u]Lost In Space[/u][/i] gurus). You wouldn't believe how many support calls I got without the spinning stick.

Anyways, [i]that[/i], and you gots to let the user know when a reboot is necessary after a auto-update occurs. Just my two cents; you guys do whatever the heck you want; I'm still here despite some hiccups along the way.

BTW: it seems like he cleans up well after himself; there are no oodles of *.sgn files lying around all over the place. So why do I have to run after him with a poopy-scooper-app that cleans up all the *.aawdef files he keeps leaving around? PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong in that regard: there's no reason to keep the antique *.aawdef files around, i.e., *.aawdef file(s) older than the 'current' ones are antique. Right?

I have 9.0, and it's working very nice on my Windows 7 Lenovo computer. In fact, I'll tell you something interesting. For the last several weeks I was having trouble with Prevx on full scans. It was not making it through the scan, and actually the blue screen of death would appear with the same message, something about a bad kernel inpage or something to that effect. I finally unistalled Prevx and installed Ad Aware Pro 9.0. First of all, I like the new graphics and new extra information on the scans and detected objects. Anyway, I ran a full scan and there were no glitches whatsoever, Plus it found an object which Prevx had never detected which could have been at the heart of all the problems. I'm still poking around to see.

Prevx was a great product for close to a year on my computer, and it was recently purchased by Webroot. Oh well, for now I'm happy with Ad Aware 9.0.

[quote name='raygun' post='124171' date='Dec 17 2010, 06:13 AM']Dudes. You've got to go back to the way it was in 8.3.5; I was very happy with the way yoopdats worked; good & last long time. They were very fast too (10 minutes from get-go to ending on my super-duper PIII 1400-S @ 146 FSB).

Now its takin' forever and a day spinnin' gears and downloading 50+MB worth of *.sgn files two & three times (that end up disappearing). And then after each reboot it spins its gears for 'hours' - well not [i]really[/i] [b]hours[/b], but [i]still[/i] - and there's nuthin' to show for it. It used to always make a new [i]hashdiskcache[/i] and stuff. I noes this 'cause I always had to defrag the HDD afterwards; that not true anymore.

[i]Seems[/i] like he spins gears and does nuthin' but waste my time.

If somebody would ask me I'd tell 'em: you should let the user know [i]why[/i] you're wasting their time. You know, back in the day, when 8088 CPU was [i]the[/i] hottest thing on the planet, I wrote apps on [i]multi-user interactivet[/i] - gasp - [i][b]Unix[/b][/i] platforms - supporting several tens of users of green-screen Business BASIC source-code applications where a spinning stick on the 'status' line 24 @ column 75 (of 80) to indicate processing ('working' for you [i][u]Lost In Space[/u][/i] gurus). You wouldn't believe how many support calls I got without the spinning stick.

Anyways, [i]that[/i], and you gots to let the user know when a reboot is necessary after a auto-update occurs. Just my two cents; you guys do whatever the heck you want; I'm still here despite some hiccups along the way.

BTW: it seems like he cleans up well after himself; there are no oodles of *.sgn files lying around all over the place. So why do I have to run after him with a poopy-scooper-app that cleans up all the *.aawdef files he keeps leaving around? PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong in that regard: there's no reason to keep the antique *.aawdef files around, i.e., *.aawdef file(s) older than the 'current' ones are antique. Right?[/quote]

I am new to the Forum and I use Ad-Aware Free and I have found this problem. With version 9.0 this Malware is not found. I removed 9.0 and installed 8.3 and it found this Malware right away. I have no confidence that Ad-Aware 9.0 really works as it rarely finds problems ans 8,3 does. My OS is Windows XP SP 3

[quote name='eleiah' post='124278' date='Dec 21 2010, 10:50 PM']I am new to the Forum and I use Ad-Aware Free and I have found this problem. With version 9.0 this Malware is not found. I removed 9.0 and installed 8.3 and it found this Malware right away. I have no confidence that Ad-Aware 9.0 really works as it rarely finds problems ans 8,3 does. My OS is Windows XP SP 3[/quote]
Are you sure it is malware and not false alarm in 8.3?