Sign in to follow this  
GeigerDAllen

"not responding" AdWare Tray Application"

Since upgrading from AdAware Free to AdAware Internet Security Pro (ver 9.0.0), I've been having a bit of trouble when I shut down my computer. Windows opens a small window stating: "End-Program, Ad-Aware Tray Application" & "Ending Program". At first, there is a progress bar in this window; then, after the bar reaches 100%, a message comes up that "This program is not responding" & the statement that "If you chose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End Now".

What can I do to prevent this from happening? It seems to occur every time I want to shut down my computer. I didn't have this problem before the upgrade (at least not that I recall and certainly not on a regular basis).

Since you have the paid Pro version, contact Lavasoft Support (link in my signature). They may have already had customers with the same problem. All I can recommend is right-clicking the tray icon to shut it down manually before shutting down.

[quote name='visitor' post='124285' date='Dec 22 2010, 12:12 AM']Since you have the paid Pro version, contact Lavasoft Support (link in my signature). They may have already had customers with the same problem. All I can recommend is right-clicking the tray icon to shut it down manually before shutting down.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I tried to use Lavasoft Support before I came to this forum. I looked at the very few posts regarding my version & there was nothing. When I tried to post my problem, they didn't recognize me as a valid user. I don't know why for sure, but I think it's gotten real messed up. I thought the password for this forum was the one they were asking for (I don't have any other), but it didn't work. When I asked for a reminder of the password, I got the message they'd sent me an email; it hasn't arrived. Gonna have to work on that. Simple events sure do snowball. Edited by WornDown

No problem, common to think the user/password is the same for this forum, but this place was designed as support for free users who don't get Lavasoft Support. Check your PM for the email contact, and they should be able to help you.