• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
wildwild

Help! Adaware pro upgrade causes system to hang

Hi all,

I tried to upgrade my Ad-aware free version to the Pro version with a valid registration key from Lavasoft. To my surprise, Ad-aware locked up my Windows XP Pro system after the Ad-aware update. Uninstalling Ad-aware solved the issue but re-install Ad-aware would cause the system to hang/lock-up again.

At the moment my system is running OK without Ad-aware.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a way to completely clean Ad-aware from the registry so I can install re-install Ad-aware?

Cheers.

:( :angry: :angry: :angry:

Since you have a paid license, you should contact Lavasoft Support via the link in my signature - they'll best get you up and running again :(