Sign in to follow this  
cahi01

Norton 360+ AdAware

I can´t install the latest version of AW.
After installning and reboting the program locks in while loading.
After a while an error message occurs.
That says "send an error report to Lawasoft and the program shuts down". :mellow:

Strangely the 8.3.5.0. version works just fine. :wub:

Help appreciated.

I run Windows 7 Edited by cahi01

[quote name='cahi01' post='125472' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:29 PM']I can´t install the latest version of AW.
After installning and reboting the program locks in while loading.
After a while an error message occurs.
That says "send an error report to Lawasoft and the program shuts down". :mellow:

Strangely the 8.3.5.0. version works just fine. :wub:

Help appreciated.

I run Windows 7[/quote]
I have been using the free AdAware for many years and have been a fan until recently. I too have had issues of 9.0.2 hanging my PC (WinXP) even when AdWatch turned off. I too have reverted to Version 8 which works fine.

Looking at the number of similar problems being reported here on the Support Forum recently, I am surprised Lavasoft have not commented. I will continue to use version 8 and ignore nagging to upgrade to the new version, which IMO is flawed. I know this does not solve your problem but you are not alone.

Perhaps we have to wait for version 10 from Lavasoft ?

[quote name='headache' post='125487' date='Mar 12 2011, 08:29 PM']I have been using the free AdAware for many years and have been a fan until recently. I too have had issues of 9.0.2 hanging my PC (WinXP) even when AdWatch turned off. I too have reverted to Version 8 which works fine.

Looking at the number of similar problems being reported here on the Support Forum recently, I am surprised Lavasoft have not commented. I will continue to use version 8 and ignore nagging to upgrade to the new version, which IMO is flawed. I know this does not solve your problem but you are not alone.

Perhaps we have to wait for version 10 from Lavasoft ?[/quote]

I quite agree!

Hi

Normally this is associated with a conflict with 3rd party AntiVirus programs.

Please note: Ad-Aware is an Internet Security application that provides full Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware realtime protection.
If you use more than one real-time anti-virus or anti-spyware scanner at the same time, your computer may experience decreased performance, become unstable, or restart unexpectedly.

We recommend following these instructions to resolve the issue:
* If you have any other AV programs installed you should temporarily disable or uninstall other security-related programs before (re)installing Ad-Aware. Download here: [url="http://installer.lavasoft.com/adaware/"]http://installer.lavasoft.com/adaware/[/url]
* Further, you should configure your 3rd party AV products so they do NOT have any self protection modules enabled, before re initiating the 3rd party AV protection.
If you still have problems you may not have successfully disabled the 3rd party AV. It is very common that processes and protection features that are deemed essential are still active despite turning it off.

That being the case, you need to terminate the processes completely. Please contact the Tech Support at the company that makes the 3rd party product for help on shutting down the protection completely.

But we have noted an unusual number of unknow shutdown crashes at the end of updates that could be associated with this error as well.

It is being investigated and hopefully resolved in the next software update.