Sign in to follow this  
SpySentinel

United Parcel Service email scam (Malware)

I will use this thread to upload the latest malware that is being distributed via the United Parcel Service email scam. I have an email account set up that receives these almost daily so I will post the malware attached to those emails here in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]United Parcel Service notification #15151370
United Parcel Service <[email protected]>
UPS_tracking_number.zip (6KB)

Dear customer.

The parcel was sent your home address.
And it will arrive within 3 business day.

More information and the tracking number are attached in document below.

Thank you.
© 1994-2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.[/quote]

[attachment=8625:UPS_trac...g_number.zip]

MD5: 20bce13e437b66ec86d2c2d7b98f410f
EntryPoint: 0x13c7
FileSize: 18 kB

[b][color="red"]6[/b][/color]/43
[url="http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=a75e12399ad1c76fd39ebe4e1b2f904d14725857282c9348097c4519805c6355-1301359701"]http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...6355-1301359701[/url]

Glad that this forum has been resurrected!

Can I make a suggestion? For the moment, it could be better to email samples to [email protected] That mailbox is monitored and samples are sent to our processing system automatically. Just zip the sample and password protect it with the password [b]infected[/b] first.

If that doesn't work for you, just upload here and we'll grab them manually for the time being.

I'm making plans for a more sophisticated sample uploading system where you can upload samples either anonymously or by logging in so you can track your samples. This system is currently in the discussion/investigation phase, so if you have any opinions or suggestions, now would be a good time to voice them.

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

Thanks Andy,

That is one of the reasons that I like posting here, because I get a reply that the samples have actually been dealt with. I have been using the upload site to submit them too, but once I do there is no confirmation that you have received them or done anything to them.

Hi SpySentinel,

That's fair enough. Its great that you're uploading samples, so do whatever works best for you.

Andy