• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
someguy1

win32.pupbandoo(800)

12 posts in this topic

Adaware found win32.PUP.Bandoo(800) but cannot remove it. I tried restarting after running adaware but it is still there.

I can't seem to find where the log of the scan is in adaware.

Ian
1 person likes this

Hi iantemple,

Is there something with Bandoo in "Control Panel" -> "Add and remove programs" (XP) or "Programs and features" (Vista and Windows 7)? Is it possible to uninstall it the normal way?

[quote name='CeciliaB' post='127231' date='Jun 5 2011, 12:35 AM']Hi iantemple,

Is there something with Bandoo in "Control Panel" -> "Add and remove programs" (XP) or "Programs and features" (Vista and Windows 7)? Is it possible to uninstall it the normal way?[/quote]
Can't find it anywhere.

You find the log file here:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Paste its content into your answer.

-----------
I have moved the topic from the forum "Ad-Aware 9.0" to "Help with Stubborn Infections", where we handle infected computers.

[quote name='CeciliaB' post='127235' date='Jun 5 2011, 01:15 AM']You find the log file here:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Paste its content into your answer.

-----------
I have moved the topic from the forum "Ad-Aware 9.0" to "Help with Stubborn Infections", where we handle infected computers.[/quote]
I cannot find this location on my computer windows 7. C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Lavasoft folder doesn't contain a log file that i can see either.

Is it the folder ProgramData you cannot see in C:\?
It is usually hidden and you can show hidden and operating system files by following [url="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html"]http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html[/url]

It is always better to quarantine than to delete a file since all antivirus programs have false positives now and then. A quarantined file isn't active and can't do any harm.

Ad-Aware is also an antivirus program.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !