• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Bo Hansen

Impossible to uninstall Ad-Aware free version

Today I have install the free version of Ad Aware from Lavasoft's website, but unfortunately, Ad-Aware did my computer slow and difficult start.

When I tried to remove Ad-Aware with the uninstall function in the program folder, I got the message that it was only valid for products that are installed, so it was impossible to uninstall.

I then tried using the control panel, add and remove programs, but there was not neither Ad-Aware or Lavasoft included in the list.

When I look at propities on Ad-Aware icon it tell that the program will be downloaded to the following location:
C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Lavasoft

I have also tried "Revoinstaller" and follow the instructions from your Forum, including stop the on-line service, etc., but nothing would work.

Is there any way to uninstall Ad-Aware free version ?

--Bo

I have now managed to uninstall the Ad-Aware.

I made ​​the decision to re-download above the already existing there, after this it came up in the list of add and remove programs, and then went to uninstall.

--Bo

Hi Bo,

Do you have another antivirus program installed? Which one?
That may have interfered with the installation and uninstallation, as well as made the computer slow.