• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulhysen@optusnet.com.au

Disable Ad-Aware Auto Start

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how I can stop the free version of Ad-Aware from starting with Windows? I already have two anti-virus packages installed and want to use Ad-Aware only to scan my system from time to time. I have checked the Windows Registry to see if the autostart can be disabled, but had no luck in finding anything obvious. Thanks.

Download a program "Winpatrol". It has an option to set programs on delay. It is a free piece of software.

[quote name='Pierre67' post='128158' date='Jul 12 2011, 07:08 AM']Download a program "Winpatrol". It has an option to set programs on delay. It is a free piece of software.[/quote]
Hi, thanks for that, but I was hoping for some help with Ad-Aware.

[quote name='potionmaster' post='128156' date='Jul 12 2011, 12:33 PM']Does anyone know how I can stop the free version of Ad-Aware from starting with Windows? I already have two anti-virus packages installed and want to use Ad-Aware only to scan my system from time to time. I have checked the Windows Registry to see if the autostart can be disabled, but had no luck in finding anything obvious. Thanks.[/quote]

"Winpatrol" will let you disable or delay any software package to start up when Windows starts up. You should also not be running more than anti virus program on your PC as you will get conflicts and they will slow your PC down in speed.

Other than using Winpatrol, there must be a way to disable Auto start of Ad Aware

In the updated version 9.6 of Ad Aware, I cannot seem to find the programs that load at startup (in msconfig or windows defender) like last versions had, so what does Lavasoft suggest we do if we want to disable it at startup?

I would rather unistall it that have to use another program to prevent it at startup if Lavasoft has no solution

Thanks Edited by illusionfive

I even downloaded Winpatrol to try and even it cannot locate any Ad Aware Startup program (like Ad-Aware.exe) so how does this program run at startup?

Hi illusionfive,

See [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/31978-how-to-disable-auto-start-in-version-960-ad-aware"]http://www.lavasofts...on-960-ad-aware[/url]