• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wub

Ad-Aware 9.5 constantly tells me I need to update

6 posts in this topic

I have been getting pop-ups telling me I need to upgrade to Ad-Aware 9.5. After downloading, however, the messages will not stop popping up, and are exactly the same. I don't know if I am updated or not! Any advice please..?

Hi wub,

If you don't know which version of Ad-Aware you have and still get update messages, I advise you to uninstall your current version and then install the latest version after a restart of the computer.
[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=30850"]How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.x[/url]

[quote name='wub' post='129724' date='Oct 1 2011, 09:15 PM']I have been getting pop-ups telling me I need to upgrade to Ad-Aware 9.5. After downloading, however, the messages will not stop popping up, and are exactly the same. I don't know if I am updated or not! Any advice please..?[/quote]
I have the same problem and its very annoying. I may stop using this program because as you said , You donrt know if definitions were updated or not?? Whats up w/ that? The answer you got didnt address the problem , they didnt really read your post

Hi cire,

I assure you that I read all posts before answering them. It is very common that update problems are solved by a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller followed by a fresh install. There are several examples of that in the forum.

Which version of Ad-Aware do you have according to the information in the program? How did you update to that version?

Note: I am a volunteer here and not employed by Lavasoft.

I've been getting them too, every single day, even if I update it requires me to update. My mom too and I was just telling her how good this program is, now even she is asking, why is this constantly poping up?
I too will uninstall this and for my mom if it doesn't change and Lavasoft don't actually fix this.

Hi Ches,

What version of Ad-Aware is installed?
Is it a request to update the signature database or the program itself? I'm glad if you write the complete message here.