Sign in to follow this  
dbarsalano

New version 9.6 - problem with new definition file.

Can you tell me why after update to 9.6 version do not read the new definition files? It is not even a direct file download (AutoUpdate), neither by force of import. I tried it manually (according to the instructions from this forum), but there still remains the same - 150.602 from 27.10. (SecurityCenter Lavasoft introduces a new version of 28.10, unfortunately no version number...)

Thanks for the advice!

To previous question: it is possible to not change the date and version updates? Where can I find the current set of definitions? Is located in directory .../Documents and Settings / All Users / Aplication Data / Lavasoft / Ad-Aware / defs / ... it file core.aawdef?
Thanks for explanation!

Hi count,

I am sorry, but I do not quite understand you, English is not my mother tongue. Please, describe in more detail what is happening.

Have you tried to uninstall Ad-Aware and then install it again?
[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=30850"]How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.x[/url]

Dear Cecilia, thanks for the advice! Ad-Aware I uninstalled (with RevoUninst. in advanced mode) and installed again. But the problem remained, after a running actualisation of the definition file remained in the main window old ordinal number (150.602 from last week). There was thus updating correctly or not? That´s the question!
What to do?

Hi count,

I have talked to my contact at Lavasoft and they are investigated the problem and hope that it will be fixed early next week. They are sorry that it can be fixed earlier.

Hi count,

According to Lavasoft it should be possible to update now and the latest version of the definition file is 150.603.

Hi count,

You are welcome :)
There was a problem that made it impossible to create definition files suitable for Ad-Aware version 9.

I didn't have a problem with the update manager until after the new release (150.603). Now my Update Manager is not working at all. It opens, but--after the Update Manager dialogue box times out--I get the following error message:

[size=6]X[/size] Error while updating, please try again later. Contact Lavasoft if the problem persists.

Also, my computer has also been telling me (via dialogue box) that a couple of Ad-Aware programs are causing high CPU usage sometimes. Edited by Le_Roi_Zadig

Update does not work! It says "Software is already up to date", but the definitions were released many days ago. Do you have the same problem?

Hi everybody,
There was some issues with the updates during the weekend.