Sign in to follow this  
Datachange

Unable to Update

Question

[img]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7758/adaware.png[/img]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]I am running Ad-Aware, Total Security. I have no idea what version... All it says is this: Program Version: 21.1.0.30 (6/29/2010)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000](The purchase was on 10/27/2011)[/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]I recently transferred the program to a new system. I used the User Name and Password to validate the service. It even gave me the message that this was linked to another computer and asked if I'd like to change. I said yes.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Then, when it wanted to update, I let it run its course.... It was taking a while.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]After the Engine A and Engine B loaded, the above error occurred.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]This continues to happen even after a computer reboot.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Also, I think because it hasn't updated, I am not ever receiving the messages in the lower right-hand corner of my screen, asking if I want to allow or block a program.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]However, I ask either way, in case the problem is not linked (because of the inability to update) to the above reason.[/size][/font][/color] Edited by Datachange

10 answers to this question

Hi Datachange,

There is a bandwidth issue with the update server and Lavasoft is trying to solve it. Please, try several times to update since now and then the request goes through.

[color=#222222]I'm sorry. I am afraid that I don’t quite understand what you mean.[/color]
[color=#222222]If you asked me to keep trying, then I have been doing so.[/color]

[color=#222222]From the looks of it, I just have to wait for a fix.[/color]

[color=#222222]While I wait, I have a question.[/color]

[color=#222222]The white box, asking me if I want to give permission to certain applications and programs is not showing up. Nor have I been given a message that internet content was blocked from a virus.[/color]
[color=#222222]Do I have to wait to get that too? Or is there something wrong with the subscription on this computer?[/color]
[color=#222222]I really need that internet virus protection and application denial/approval option. Those are the best parts, in my opinion, and the only reasons why I'd choose Ad-Aware over other services. I really want that... I am missing the features.[/color] Edited by Datachange

I'm sorry that the update server still isn't working, I thought it would be fixed today. I guess that not much will happen during the weekend.

Sorry for my language, English is not my mother tongue :(
But you guessed right. :)

I think that if something was wrong with the subscription, Engine A/B would not be updated.
I'm sorry but I cannot answer your other questions since I don't know enough about Total Security. You could contact Lavasoft support, but probably you will not get any answer during the weekend. See this post by LS Digger Barnes for links:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=30887&view=findpost&p=125583

why is this organisation puting my computer at risk, with the update not touching spyware/adwares for days and day? I have written twice to support last week who have no acknowledged anything I have sent to these people.
I'm going to look elsewhere for protection on Monday,only about 30/40 UK pounds from competitor services, for the peace of mind, that my system is fully protected. Not recommending this vendor.

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1323702810' post='131121']
Hi,

According to Lavasoft the update problem has been resolved.
[/quote]

No, it's not resolved - still cant update, I've uninstalled and using another product to protect my laptop

Hi Datachange,

please send me the following information in a Personal message and I will gladly assist you with this issue:

Email, First and last name placed on the account at the time of purchase and license key.

[quote name='Datachange' timestamp='1323469360' post='131070']
[color=#222222]I'm sorry. I am afraid that I don’t quite understand what you mean.[/color]
[color=#222222]If you asked me to keep trying, then I have been doing so.[/color]

[color=#222222]From the looks of it, I just have to wait for a fix.[/color]

[color=#222222]While I wait, I have a question.[/color]

[color=#222222]The white box, asking me if I want to give permission to certain applications and programs is not showing up. Nor have I been given a message that internet content was blocked from a virus.[/color]
[color=#222222]Do I have to wait to get that too? Or is there something wrong with the subscription on this computer?[/color]
[color=#222222]I really need that internet virus protection and application denial/approval option. Those are the best parts, in my opinion, and the only reasons why I'd choose Ad-Aware over other services. I really want that... I am missing the features.[/color]
[/quote]

Hi daveyg99,

please send me the following information in a Personal message and I will gladly assist you with this issue:

Email, First and last name placed on the account at the time of purchase and license key.

[quote name='daveyg99' timestamp='1323705553' post='131125']

No, it's not resolved - still cant update, I've uninstalled and using another product to protect my laptop
[/quote]

Hi moix,

Please send me the following information in a Personal message and I will gladly assist you with this issue:

[quote name='moix' timestamp='1323712698' post='131133']
I have the same problem in my two computers. Imposible to update Spyware and adware
[/quote]