Sign in to follow this  
BERLO299

UPDATE CSC39-EN-0-11340-F.SBR.sgn.f

I HAVE TRIED 3 TIMES TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE. EACH TIME IT STARTS, BUT IT ALWAYS STOPS AND CLOSES AD AWARE WITHOUT LEAVING ME AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY. WHEN I CHECK FOR UPDATES, IT TRIES TO INSTALL AGAIN, BUT NEVER TO COMPLETION. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION AS TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING?

Hi BERLO299,

Lavasoft is trying to solve the problem with the update servers.

Hi again,

Please, test if you can update Ad-Aware now by using the built-in function. Lavasoft has made some changes.

Sorry, to hear that. I just got a new report from Lavasoft, and they have now done some more fixes. Please, try again. But the servers are more loaded than usual, why it still might be slow.

:( I will inform Lavasoft again as soon as they are back in the office.

Agreed, still not working, always stalls at 1.3% and it managed on one occasion to unregister my AAW!!!

This issue is one of a number I'm having with AAW at the moment ... hoping all the others go away with this update!

Hi BERLO299,

Is it possible for you to describe in more details what happens?
Can you see how many % that are downloaded?
Do you get any error messages now?
Has Ad-Aware worked before or is it just installed?

Hi Gubat,

I'm glad it worked for you now :) and hope it will be solved for everybody else soon.

IT ONLY GETS TO 11.1% EACH TIME AND THEN IT TIMES OUT. MY UPDATE WAS WORKING FINE ON DEC 31, 2010. I HAVE HAD AD AWARE FOR MANY YEARS INSTALLED ON THIS COMPUTER. IT IS AS IF THERE IS NO CONNECTION TO THE SERVER. (THE UPDATE NOW IS CSC39-EN-0-11345-F.sbr.sgn. (SIZE 79828kb) THERE ARE NO ERROR MESSAGES. WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF THE LATEST DEFINITIONS FILE? Edited by BERLO299

[size=4][font=times new roman, times, serif][color="#800080"]I am having a similiar problem trying to update the Ad-Aware Free version 9.6.0
Update is: CSC39-EN-0-11345-F.sbr.sgn.f...size: 79828kB
My update will only get to 1.2% and then close out and the program.
I do not receive any error message and I'v been using Ad-Aware Free for quite some time on my PC.[/color] [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=times new roman, times, serif][color="#800080"]We need a solution here... :( [/color][/font][/size]

Hi,

Lavasoft will receive some new hardware 5th of January. Hopefully that will be the final solution.

MSG [0600] 2012/01/05 21:24:01: Definition: incremental update applied successfully: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\aaw2009-excluded-build-150.674.aawdef] 150.674
MSG [0600] 2012/01/05 21:24:02: Thorax definition: Update applied successfully: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\thorax.aaw] 27
MSG [0600] 2012/01/05 21:24:02: Extended definition: applying 7 updates.
MSG [0600] 2012/01/05 21:25:04: Extended definition: applied 7 updates successfully, current version: 11355
MSG [0600] 2012/01/05 21:25:45: Update finished

Yaaaaaaayyyyyy! Thanks for fix :D

I am having the same issue and as of right now, still cannot update. Version 9.6.0, CSC39-EN-11289-11290-I.sbr.s... size: 1471kb.

Crashes at about 0.9%

[b]I cannot download the same definitions file, my attempts have been unsuccessful, I even unistalled it and downloaded it many times, still the same results, before January this year it was fine, it stops at 1.2 downloaded, then disappears[/b]

I ALSO AM UNABLE TO UPDATE. IS THERE ANY INFO ON WHEN THIS PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED?

[attachment=9157:AAWE3.jpg] Edited by BERLO299

I haven't got any new information today, but maybe it took longer time than expected to install the new hardware. Let us hope that it will be done during Friday (North American time).

It seems to be that people trying to update Ad-Aware when most people in North America is sleeping often succeed.