Sign in to follow this  
bobov

Can No Longer Update

I've used Ad-Aware for almost a year. Now I can no longer update.

I uninstalled Ad-Aware completely with the Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled. I asked for Ad-Aware Free and got version 9.0.7. Is this the most recent?

It still doesn't update. I get a message saying it can't connect to the network.

I tried updating from the start menu. No help.

I tried stopping the service and checking "allow service to interact with desktop." No help.

If I go to C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware, I do not see "AAWService.exe." I do see AAWService, but this offers no compatibility tab.

My computer uses Vista, SP2.

What can I do?

Hi bobov,

Lavasoft has a problem related to their update servers, so a lot of persons have problems with updating their Ad-Aware. There are several topics about that in the forum. You cannot do anything, you have to wait until their problem is solved.

Laval soft must have fixed it I ran smart scan and then could update....wow what a
stressor spent all moring trying to figure it out
Thanks Lavasoft First time I have ever had a problem
I am using the free version so I can not complain :P

Hi all,

We have isolated and fixed the issue blocking updates. Please update Ad-Aware - if you have any problems, please post here. Thank you for keeping us up to date with the issues you have been experiencing - it was very helpful.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

hi!
after this incident when I scan it does not detect any objects, when it usually found quite a few....is this normal???
I have reinstalled and it has upgraded, but not entirely, the last upgrade still does not work.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Hi,

Thanks to all for notifying us of this issue. This problem is only affecting users that have uninstalled/reinstalled Ad-Aware, or have installed Ad-Aware for the first time.

Please visit [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32073-ongoing-update-issues-08-jan-2011/"]here[/url] for more information.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

[color=#800080][size=2]I Re-Instill mine and then ran updates and it worked. It ran the full scan just fine to.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Misty19' timestamp='1326035273' post='131833']
[color=#800080][size=2]I Re-Instill mine and then ran updates and it worked. It ran the full scan just fine to.[/size][/color]
[/quote]
Great! Happy to hear Ad-Aware successfully updated. We'll continue to check out the bandwidth issues though.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

I HAVE NOT UNSTALLED/REINSTALLED AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.........................................:-( HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE SINCE DEC 31, 2011.

[quote name='BERLO299' timestamp='1326035658' post='131835']
I HAVE NOT UNSTALLED/REINSTALLED AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.........................................:-( HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE SINCE DEC 31, 2011.
[/quote]
Hi BERLO299,

My guess is that your Ad-Aware client is trying to download a huge file, about 78MB or so, called [b]CSC39-EN-0-11356-F.sbr.sgn.file[/b], and is failing. Is that right?

If so, this is due to our bandwidth being exceeded - we're looking into it. Thanks for the update, though.

Some friendly advice - think about de-activating CAPS LOCK ;)

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

hi,

i have a disease in my hands and fingers which limits me to the use of only one case. i feel upper case looks better and is easier to read. i also recognize that some folks think i am hollering. so if this is easier for you, i will use small case letters.

sandy

Hi Sandy,

I am an idiot. Please accept my apologies and turn caps lock back on if it makes life easier.

Andy

We're gettng there! Our servers are getting hammered right now. We're looking for alternatives to help us manage the sheer number of download requests we're trying to handle.

I'll keep you updated.

Andy

Looks like I'm having the same problem. Adware won't download the updates. But check it out guys. The reason I'm downloading Adware, and probably a bazillion other people, is that Verizon is not going to give us MSN Premium and free McAfee Antivirus anymore. --(good ridence...I'm tired of their bloatware anyway). So what's going to happen, and what that means to you is everyone is going to Google best free antivirus, and they're going to find you on top, followed by AVI. Well, its boom or bust time. Get this fixed and rake in the refugees...tell everyone its their crappy computer, etc...and AVI will score the new business. Think about that really...really hard. (as you can tell I'm having a bad day...Skyrim won't work, Civ.V won't work, Adware won't work, my car won't start..nothing works. So yes, I'm cranky)

mine now says ALREADY UP TO DATE for 2 days now
is this same iissue as above

my update just took. do not know why, but it did........................ :D

thanks andy for all your time and help.

my current definitions are: 0150.0675 Edited by BERLO299

I've also just managed to update.

Like everyone else I've had exactly the same problems for the last week and have un-installed, re-installed & manually downloaded defs more time than I care to remember.

So hopefully Lavasoft have broken the back of this one.

Would like to thank Andy and the team at Lavasoft for their perseverence in sorting this out. Edited by rubbish_samurai