Sign in to follow this  
LS.Andy

Suggestions & ideas - what features would you like to see in Ad-Aware 10?

Hi.ihave to suggestion
1.it is better that show progress in scan and have turn off system after scan
2.showing pop up for turn off the realtime protection like norton.
another one is why you do not have offline update and offline instalation in ad aware 10?
thanks Edited by mhb

another one is if ad aware do not have submit files as ad aware 9(treat work) it is better have this feature and i think in scan shoud be have selection to show scan page in new window. Edited by mhb

[quote name='Mastaclocksetta' timestamp='1330643445' post='133455']
Make it so that the user can disable just the antivirus engine as is the case in the current stable version, for those who already have antivirus software and still want to use the other protection functions in Ad-Aware, such as adware, spyware, keyloggers, tracking cookies, etc. I suggest this because multiple antivirus programs conflict.
[/quote]

I agree. As-Aware did one thing really good. I don't want to get rid of my McAfee as it works the best for me. I wish you would make it during installation that you can choose not to install the anti-virus part & only install the Regualr Ad-Aware spyware removal part. WIth this new release, I have gone back to version 9.6 and if you don't change it soon, I will no longer be using or recommending your product. Sorry!
  • Like 1

[quote name='mhb' timestamp='1333456787' post='134096']
what do you mean?
[/quote]

Nothing buddy I was just suggesting lavasoft team they should publish a change log which will mention what improvement or bug fixes are made in current release. Edited by megamind

Hi anonim_spanish,

You will find your topic here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32251-anonim-many-failures/

Guest carat
1) There sould be a warning when realtime protection quarantines a file!
2) If you change the realtime settings from "autoquarantine" to "prompt user" your browser (Firefox) will be killed when downloading eicar.com - have you ever tested this situation? I think that shouldn't happen in a final version ...
3) Why don't you offer a real free version? I really can't understand it ...
4) Why is Ad-Aware unable to autoupgrade itself? I don't want to download a new installer and so on ... That's just annoying.

I hope Ad-Aware 11 will be better ...

[quote name='megamind' timestamp='1334134599' post='134472']
when schedule scan occurs total application is poping out.it should run schedule scan silently
[/quote]Or it would be even better if it is possible to choose.

Something needs to be done with the firewall question about network cards. It is not understandable for a person without a lot of computer knowledge. See the topic http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32284-do-you-trust-this-adapter/

Show popup for important events like update(green colour),computer at risk(orange colour),threat bocked(red popup) If you don't implement this then why the hell you have game mode which hides popups.

Safe browsing is causing page not found when this occurs some ngix is displayed on page.

Why doesn't adware 10 antivirus have self protection for its service? Most antivirus programs if you try to kill the process in task manager it will not let you do it. Adware can easily be shutdown with no problem. Im waiting on a virus that will just command Ad-Aware to close its processes.

Guest carat
1) The Ad-Aware GUI shouldn't maximize on startup
2) Autoquarantine without a warning message is idiotic
3) The setting "prompt user" will kill Firefox when downloading eicar.com
4) Offer a free version instead of a pro trial version
5) Fix Sunbelt firewall driver issue
6) Remove blue screen problem
7) Ad-Aware should be able to autoupgrade itself! I don't want to download a new installer for 10 computer when Ad-Aware 10.1 will be released ..

If these things are fixed I will come back to Ad-Aware for sure! :)

Great that you have added an anti-virus. But for those of us who want to remain with our trusted anti-virus, please make a more positive way of disabling your antivirus. Yes I know I can disable by setting (one or more) buttons, but even now I'm not sure if its completely turned off.

You should provide an "anti-virus" on or off switch just as you provided many other options.
  • Like 2

Version 10.1 has been released and some suggestions and ideas have been included.
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32346-ad-aware-101-released/

If lavasoft provides full installer then it would be better since Ad-aware 10 doesn't have auto update its irritating to download updated version again & again and web installer really sucks on slow internet connections.

The full installer is available on, for example, http://www.chip.de/downloads/Ad-Aware-Free_13000824.html

When i check for updates, there's a popup window, which says "definitions are up to date". It's in orange color, but i think that green is better when everything is fine.

[quote name='tjbinno' timestamp='1335551504' post='135048']
Great that you have added an anti-virus. But for those of us who want to remain with our trusted anti-virus, please make a more positive way of disabling your antivirus. Yes I know I can disable by setting (one or more) buttons, but even now I'm not sure if its completely turned off.

You should provide an "anti-virus" on or off switch just as you provided many other options.
[/quote]

First off, I been using your AWESOME product for many years. I believe in your Adaware malware scanner. I been also for many years referring hundreds of people to your web site for the same malware scanner. I am currently using 9, but now its asking me to update my software, I would love to but. I am using another brand of anti-virus that I will not un-install. Why can't you just continue to offer the same scanner that you always had? Unfortunately, if I can not just get the malware scanner I will be forced to un-install it for good. Something I really do not want to do!
  • Like 1

Real-time protection should check downloaded zip files immediately and not wait until they are unpacked.

1)Schedule scan should occur minimized currently whole interface is poping up when schedule scan occurs

2)ad-aware 10 should remember windows position.

3)It is not necessary to show pop up in notification area every time somebody boots a computer.

4)Removable media scan should show progress bar.

5)Schedule scan should takes necessary action when threat is detected.

6)Whenever a threat is detected it should show popup and information about threat & should have option to quarantine,block or disinfect.it should remain until user take necessary action.

7)Download guard should show notification about safe download with green popup saying downloaded item is safe. Edited by megamind