Sign in to follow this  
LS.Andy

Suggestions & ideas - what features would you like to see in Ad-Aware 10?

I haven't seen it as of yet. But it would be nice If I could scan for spyware and viruses separately. I don't often need to run virus software, more often spyware removal after surfing the net. It's the reason I went back to 9Pro instead of Internet Security Pro.

To Lavasoft teams,

In the next upcoming version of Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ I really like to see one improvement in updating malware definitions! Such as how Avast uses i.e. cloud based and reputation based and Norton uses pulse updates. Would be really appreciated if Ad-Aware Free/personal/pro implement something similar to this. Also would be also appreciated in the next upcoming version of Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ if the identity protection feature doesn't get installed outside USA for e.g. the installer allows users to submit which country are they in and installing Ad-Aware products like Australia, New Zealand, and etc so the identity protection feature doesn't get installed. Also add support for Apple Safari web browser for Windows to the Ad-Aware Security Toolbar.

P.S.: I have been filling up these sorts of comments and suggestion by filling it up via the Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ programme. 1st open up Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+, click the info tab, and click Feedback. Edited by kiwi4life

@bbela:

Your post has been moved to its own topic: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32693-bbela-splitted-topic/
since it is not a suggestion or idea for future versions of Ad-Aware.

before i even download the program, am i going to be able to have programs that aren't made by lava soft in my computer that dont deal with security? annoying i can't update current version i have that doesnt seem to mind to newer version. registry cleaner/ tune-up program by avg works pretty well, why should i get rid of it while i'm trying something i'm unsure of?

[quote name='cryofreeze666' timestamp='1344195211' post='137853']
before i even download the program, am i going to be able to have programs that aren't made by lava soft in my computer that dont deal with security? annoying i can't update current version i have that doesnt seem to mind to newer version. registry cleaner/ tune-up program by avg works pretty well, why should i get rid of it while i'm trying something i'm unsure of?
[/quote]
Sorry, but what is the suggestion/idea for future versions of Ad-Aware?

When you unselect the check box during the install that says: "Install Ad-Adaware Safe-Browsing module and block malicious web sites on Internet Explorer and Firefox" then the install should NOT install the safe browsing module (which it does do currently) - see http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32679-safe-browsing-installed-despite-unselecting-it-in-the-installer/ for more info.

Hi !

There is no "Custom Scan"-option available when scheduling a scan ?
Hmmm, thats weird...
Because the F.A.Q. says:
"Setting the Scan [b]my computer with the following schedule[/b] option enables you to specify the scheduling parameters listed below:
- Frequency period to scan computer ([i]Daily, Weekly, and Monthly[/i])

- Scan type ([i]Quick, Full, and Custom[/i])

- Scan time
"
[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/faqs/how-to-set-a-scheduled-scan?keywords=&product=653&category=230"]http://www.lavasoft....53&category=230[/url]

If there is no option to select a "Custom-Scan" when scheduling a scan, then it makes Ad-Aware useless.
The "Full-Scan" has no option to deselect fx. "All-drives" which means that it would take a very long time to scan drives that do not need to be scanned.

I´m using a "Linuxstyle-setup" with separate partitions for System (O/S), Programs & Media (audio, video, documents & filearchive).
I have 4 O/S-partitions in my computer, which all share the same Program & Media-partition.
So i don´t want to scan those other partitions, just the [u]active[/u] system-partition.

Of course the should be an option to schedule a "Custom-Scan".
Also, "Custom-Scan" should [u]remember[/u] the settings, fx. the selected drives that should be scanned next time.
The driveselection-window is to small, there is no overview and you have to scoll a lot.

The user-interface is confusing.
There are small "links" at the top-right corner [u]and[/u] a menu to the left.
You should be consistent, keep the menu at [u]one[/u] place (left) and replace those "links" with more visible "buttons" like the leftmenu looks today.

The UI looks like some webbsites look, with links everywhere on the page...

In Quick & Full-scan the settings are "greyed" which is normal since you can´t change them, but in schedule a scan the opions for scantype & time are also "greyed" which at first made me think they were nonchangeable, but since you can change them, why are they "grey" ???

Being a good Antivirus-program is more than good detection, it also need to be userfriendly... Edited by hackerman1

Please provide a version of Ad-Aware that can be installed and run while Avast stays alive. I like both products but will not drop Avast. From a number of posts on Lavasoft Forums, new Ad-Aware 10 conflicts with Avast. I'm keeping my Ad-Aware 9.6.0 for now, but it's inconvenient constantly being reminded to upgrade. Thanks.

Hi glnz,

See the post http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32555-every-time-i-run-live-update-w-9x-the-program-says-unexpectly-needs-to-close/page__view__findpost__p__137027 by LS Andy.

I'm using Ad-Aware (9.6.0) only as a compementary on-demand scanner together with my other antivirus software. So a 'slim' version of Ad-Aware would be nice which also works as a 'second defense line' on-demand scanner together with other antivirus software.

A good option for those who manage computers for public use is the implementation of a security password for the program. Thus preventing malicious users disable, uninstall or change the anitírus. There should be improvement in user registration free as there are constants flaws in registration application and implementation of the key. As an experienced user, I find a certain delay at startup and also a strong demand for computer resources. I'm willing to help, I'm cheering for the improvement of the program.

I am currently running Ad-Aware Pro V 10.2.21.3698 and this is the first release since 9.? that has not given me problems. I am running MS 7 32 bit, which is up to date. Normally I would say 'don't fix it if it is not broke'. I do not use shop &... advanced f... Safe Bro... or Gaming. The occasional issue of AA forgetting to run a schedule scan has been significantly reduced. In addition, the full scan does not crash my system after 3 hours of running.
That being said I would like to see an option to run multiple schedules (like in 9.x) and the option to schedule a custom scan. Additionally, I would like to see the quick scan run in AppData and its directories. A workable user’s guide would nice! Edited by John M65

Hi John,

In which way don't you like the manual for version 10, what do you want Lavasoft to improve?
http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/product_manuals

Hi spfldnet,

I have moved your questions to a separate topic since they weren't suggestions for future Ad-Aware.
It is here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32761-spfldnet-splitted-topic/

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1345998329' post='138388']
Hi John,
In which way don't you like the manual for version 10, what do you want Lavasoft to improve?
[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/product_manuals"]http://www.lavasoft....product_manuals[/url]
[/quote]

Hi Cecilia

I was unaware of the link to the product manuals on your site. I have used the user guide accessed from the [b][i]‘info’[/i][/b] button on the startup screen. Suggestion: replace the current manual, from the [b][i]‘info’ [/i][/b]button, with the link you displayed. To me it is inconvenient to leave an application and open a window just to get to the help manual

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1346083343' post='138443']
That's a good suggestion, John :)
[/quote]

Hi Cecilia, I just finish browsing the product manual for AA 10. It does have some useful information. However, it does have some serious navigation issues. The biggest fault is that when you are viewing a topic, then click on one of the highlighted links to view additional information there is no return mechanism to get back to the section you left. You must remember the page number and manually return to that location.

I think I would give the product manual a grade of ‘C’. I beleive AA can do a lot better.

Thank you, John. I hope that Lavasoft will improve their manuals.

Starting from ad-aware 10 lavasoft has ironed out lots of bugs they need to only concentrate on through malware cleanup aka clean on boot and implement p2p or smart updater.

Don't provide identity protection outside US.

notification still need to improved for e.g when Ad-ware catch any malware it should provide malware name with info what does it do in popup notification..

update notification is still missing.

Scan can be faster.

Guest ght1

1) Remove the message "Ad-Aware will continue to protect your computer against malware" from the system tray icon :unsure:

2) Remove the warning "ACTIVATE the identity protection" if someone isn't living in the US and therefore can't activate it :angry2:

3) Don't install the useless Ad-Aware search plugin 0.6 in the Firefox add-ons :closedeyes:

4) The previous GUI was much better, I don't like the full screen window :blink:

Thank you for this thread; I hope to see some improvements/changes in the next version.

Ad-Aware 10 hasn't been released to the public yet, but those of you who have access to the Beta, let us know what improvements you would make.

If you have a idea for a new feature, something you'd like to see in the GUI or any other suggestions you have to make Ad-Aware 10 better, post them here.

Be as detailed as you like!

Andy

Lavasoft Malware Lab

Maybe....a pop up window that let us know when the AV is updating,that's will be great.

Edited by sexybaldguy

Hi sexybaldguy,

I get that, not a pop-up in the middle of the monitor, since that would be very disturbing, but a rather big message in lower right corner. Have you turned on "Enable Notifications" on the "Update Definitions" tab?