• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BWarriner

FraudTool.Win32.AVSoft(v) - ERDNT.exe Fals Positive?

9 posts in this topic

The latest build (11614?) caught this .exe which I believe is part of the ERUNT backup registry tool.

Skipped items:
Description: c:\windows\erdnt\4-5-2011\erdnt.exe Family Name: FraudTool.Win32.AVSoft (v) Engine: 3 Clean status: Success Item ID: 1 Family ID: 0 MD5: 89afdd29832aa923926bdd4b5f5243d5

AD-AWARE Pro caught this Trojan(?) during a deep scan today and i don´t have ERUNT on my computer.

Hi akcan,

Many files can be reported as FraudTool.Win32.AVSoft(v) and only a few are false positives. Please, follow the guide http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=18033 to give Lavasoft all the information they need to be able to investigate if it is a false positive in your case.

HI!
Unfortunately i have already removed the file. It seems to be rather complicated to send the information to Lavasoft.
Why not just dubbelclic the Ad-Awareicon on the clipboard and then go to "quarantine"?

akcan, can you please create a separate thread for your issue so I can get a more expedited response for mine?

[quote name='BWarriner' timestamp='1331057680' post='133484']
Cecilia, can you respond to my original query please?
[/quote]Sorry BWarriner, I don't do malware research. I have not seen LS Andy in the forum this week, he probably has missed your post and I will send him an email.

Hi BWarriner,

Thanks for your report. This was a false positive and will no longer be detected by Ad-Aware. Please update your definition file.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0