• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
megamind

safe browsing page not found error

9 posts in this topic

After installing Ad-aware beta 10 I frequently facing page not found error.

Hi megamind,

You are supposed to get that page when you have entered an invalid address in the address field. You can read more about the Ad-Aware Security Browser Add-On on http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/31880-what-is-ad-aware-security-browser-add-on/

Did you minutely see that screenshot it is the lavasoft forum page which is a valid page still i am getting this error sometime even with google.com.

Maybe it is due to your slow internet connection, the browser times out while waiting for the correct page, but I don't know. Have you received error message "Page not found" now and then before you installed Ad-Aware 10?

Now I noticed that you are using Google Chrome and I thought that browser wasn't supported. I don't have Chrome but did you enter lavasoftsupport.com in the address field or did you search for it?

I wasn't getting this error before installing ad aware beta 10 even normal page not found error.no i didn't search for lavasoft forum. it occurs when i was browsing within lavasoft forum.

According to tests done by Lavasoft, it seems that Google Chrome in combination with a slow internet connection can result in this behaviour. They thank you for finding this problem.

It did not occur for Lavasoft, when they used Internet Explorer. Does it for you?

that's bull if it were czuse of chrome with a slow internet connection then I wouldn't be getting the same issues by using firefox with q 40 Meg connection.... I have been using chrome to surf with no errors what so ever.... the problem only occurs with firefox to which has been updated and rececieve this same error still...

Hi jc2009x,

Are you using the address field in Firefox for searching?
Is it when you want to search for something that you get this problem?