Sign in to follow this  
Novackfamily

Total Security and 10

I'm confused. I understood Total Security was the maximum level of Ad-Aware which, until now, incorporated Ad-Aware 9. The new releases of Ad-Aware 10 appear to be only available - and freely upgrade - in Free, Personal and Pro.

I tried checking versions but Total Security seems to use different version numbers in my "Info" as 21.xx excepting the firewall 3.0 -all of which on clicking "update" state I have the latest version.

I administer a number of multi-seat accounts and for each received upgrade emails today which seem to indicate Ad-Aware 10 would replace Total Security, but have less features.

Can someone enlighten me and my clients please? The Lavasoft Face bookpage only tells people to check the features of Total Security which explains nothing and is not a very customer friendly response.

the real question is - is the expensive Total Security being dropped or left behind in this process?

Hi Assignor,

Ad-Aware Total Security is a completely different product than Ad-Aware 9 (not sharing code), even if both had the malware signatures created by Lavasoft. In the same way Ad-Aware Total Security and Ad-Aware 10 are different products. I am a volunteer here and I do not know anything about Lavasoft's future plans for Total Security. Since you are a paying customer you can contact support team directly, as Sharon wrote on Facebook.

Hi Assignor,

Thank you for your post. Total Security and Ad-Aware Pro have always been two different software’s. With Ad-Aware 10, we have simply re-made Ad-Aware Pro better and enhanced all of it’s features. We will not be dropping Total Security as it is a very solid and good software. As well, Total Security would be the best software for you as it offers many options that are not offered with the Ad-Aware10 software.

Please let me know if I have answered all of your questions.

Sincerely,
Sharon