• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhuss

AAW10 hanging up DAW

7 posts in this topic

Ever since I upgraded to AAW10, my digital audio workstation (REAPER) keeps hanging up while loading. If I exit AAW, the DAW works fine. I tried disabling everything I could (all but AV) but no improvement.

REAPER, like many DAWs, loads many DLLs which interact directly with ASIO. It also has a 'processor used' function that undoubtedly uses some low level hooks that may look suspicious to an anti-malware app. Is there any way to get AAW to whitelist certain apps and/or directories?

Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, i5 CPU, 8GB RAM (plus lots of interfaces on USB and Firewire ports)

--mark

Hi mhuss,

Please, disable "Safe Networking" and "Advanced firewall" but keep everything else enabled, and then try again.

hi Cecilia,

I have everything in the Advanced Protection section disabled, and Real Time Protection disabled as well. The DAW still hangs (as in needs Task Manager to kill). When I exit AAW, the DAW starts up fine.

--m

Hi mhuss,

I have asked my contact person at Lavasoft if they can look into your problem.

Hi mhuss,

Lavasoft was not able to reproduce the problem. Do you have the latest version of Reaper?
Have you tried to install Reaper again? It might depend on which of the two products that is installed first.

I have tried reinstalling REAPER, but no improvement.

I guess I'l uninstall AAW. It's a shame because I have used the product for a while now.

--mark

You can continue to use 9.6 and try again when 10.1 has been released. You can, for example, find 9.6 on http://www.filehippo.com/download_ad-aware/