• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jccclark99

10.x does not open

9 posts in this topic

I just installed and reinstalled 10.x and it will not open from the desktop icon or the program list on my laptop with Win 7. I disabled the Tools/popup blocker but that did not help. 10.x works fine on my PC with Win XP except I don't like being "upgraded" to Pro without being asked. If I wanted a free trial I'd ask for it. And if there is any work involved in switching back when the 30 days is up I'd just as soon delete it.

Hi claw99,

Do you have another antivirusprogram installed?

If you want to get rid of the Pro features immediately, you press the "Activate" button in the window informing you that your Pro version will expire in xx days and follow the given information.

I also have Avast! and Panda Cloud. Panda is new but since it is a cloud type I did not think it could block anything. Avast! did not interfere with the previous 9.0x.

Ad-Aware 10 is a full-featured antivirusprogram with real-time protection as other antivirusprograms and Lavasoft recommends that it is not installed in a computer that already has an antivirusprogram. Even if LS Digger Barnes' explanation about possible conflicts with other security programs in the post http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=30909&view=findpost&p=125582 is written for an earlier version of Ad-Aware, the principle is still the same. Ad-Aware 9 Free has a simple real-time protection that seldom conflicts with other antivirusprograms.

Didn't you get a warning when you installed Ad-Aware that another antivirusprogram already was installed?

As far as I know Panda Cloud works as any other antivirus program, with real-time protection etc., and that means there is a risk for conflicts when running Avast and Panda Cloud at the same time.

If you want a second opinion, it is better to run an online scanner instead of installing a second antivirusprogram, for example http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

It is my laptop with Panda Cloud, Avast!, and AdAware that will not let AdAware open. My PC does not have Panda but it does have the other two. AdAware 10.x opens and scans no problems (so far) so it looks like Panda is the conflict.

Nice that it works with Avast in your PC.

Im having the same issue. I have uninstalled all of my other anti-virus and malware programs, yet it still will not open. I have also un-installed and re-installed Ad-Aware, but nothing...samre result. Any advice?

Update-When looking through my settings, I noticed that when I turned off my windows firewall, I was seeing that my ad-aware was "snoozed" Same result with Windows Defender. Not sure if that helps.

Hi hammer87,

Have you also run the special removal tools that the antivirus and antimalware companies have to remove everything of their programs?

Sorry, but I don't understand your second post, I'm not American or English. Please, explain in more detail.