• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therealtatata

Restoring Quarantined Files Originally in ZIP or RAR

9 posts in this topic

Dear Mods/anyone else who can help,

I recently installed Ad-Aware 10.0.185.3207, and did a full scan. It found around 50 "infections", all of which I quarantined. I wanted to restore some of these files. I was, however, not able to do so for those inside ZIP or RAR folders. I am [u][b]very[/b][/u] frustrated by this. Is this a known issue?

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your post. I will verify this information and get back to you shortly.

Thank you,
Sharon

Dear therealtatata,

You should be able to highlight the files that you want to restore and hit the restore button at the bottom of the screen. Please let me know if you have tried that and the result.

Thank you,
Sharon

Yes, that was the most obvious method to restore the files, so I tried that, multiple times, with no success. Highlighting files that were in ordinary Windows folders and hitting the restore button restored them, but doing the same with files that were originally in ZIP or RAR folders produced no effect. The files just continued to stay there.

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your patience. This is an issue which I have flagged to my team and they are currently working on it. This issue should be resolved in our future Ad-Aware10 updates and releases. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

Sincerely,
Sharon - Lavasoft Support

Thanks for the very prompt responses; could you notify me via email as soon as the issue is resolved in an update? I want to format my hard disc, but I can't do so until I have recovered the files and backed them up. How long will I have to wait?

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your reply. Please send me your email or Order ID (if you are a paid customer) so we can notify you when this has been resolved.

Kind Regards,
Karol - Lavasoft Support

Hi therealtatata,

I have set your post to hidden, but Karol will still be able to see it. The reason is that spam spiders are searching through all web pages looking for email addresses that can be used for spam, but they cannot see hidden posts.

Version 10.1 has been released, see http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32346-ad-aware-101-released/
Note, that it is very important that you don't uninstall version 10.0 since that might remove your quarantined files. For extra safety I would recommend that you do a copy of the quarantine folder before installing the new version.