• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CeciliaB

Ad-Aware 10.1 Released

21 posts in this topic

Ad-Aware 10.1 has been released. I don't have much information about it yet but at least the following have been fixed:

* Drivers are new. The most common reasons to get Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) by Ad-Aware should therefore be fixed, for example it should be possible to run Ad-Aware together with other antivirus programs (tested with Norton and AVG) without getting BSOD.

* When having multiple user accounts on a computer, Ad-Aware should no longer ask for license key when switching between them.

Note, that other download websites than http://www.lavasoft.com are not yet updated.
1 person likes this

Ad-Aware 10.1 Updates

[b]ENGINE[/b][list]
[*]Cached Scanning for faster scheduled scans.
[*]Cached schedule scans complete sooner.
[*]Performance improvements have been made to the engine
[*]Reliability improvements have been made to the file system drivers
[/list]
[b]FIREWALL[/b][list]
[*]Trusted programs are now white-listed in the definitions
[*]Reliability improvements have been made to the Firewall Drivers
[*]Improved 64-bit support
[/list]
[b]REAL-TIME PROTECTION[/b][list]
[*]Reliability improvements have been made to the Real-Time Protection Drivers
[*]Improved 64-bit OS support
[/list]
[b]OS SUPPORT CHANGES[/b][list]
[*]Windows 2000 is no longer supported in order to permit some of the driver improvements Service Pack 2 is now required for Windows XP to support driver improvements
[/list]
1 person likes this

More tracking cookies are detected.

Where can i get the full(standalone, offline) installer? English version! Edited by Smith999

Hi Smith999,

Only the small installer is available now. During the last years Lavasoft had received so many complains that the installer was too big, that they decided to switch to a small installer.

Thank you! :)

edit:isn't this exactly what i'm asking for> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32154-suggestions-ideas-what-features-would-you-like-to-see-in-ad-aware-10/page__view__findpost__p__135404 Edited by Smith999

You are welcome :)

I checked several download sites without finding anything but the small installer, but you're correct, megamind found it. That installer is bigger, 18 instead of 6 MB, but it doesn't contain any definitions, they will be downloaded during the installation. It is not really an off-line installer.

Smith999,

You can download full installer from here.

http://majorgeeks.com/Ad-Aware_Free_d5947.html

I think you guys have still not got it right, I'm afraid to say. I installed the latest version 10.1...... and ever since then it pretty much made my machine useless. Everything stilled worked but it just took a very very long time to get there. Not very computer savvy but the only thing I could see that was wrong was the CPU never went above 1%, what was causing this, god knows.

I was looking through your forum for some answers and came upon, [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32317-ad-aware-10-killed-2-computers-need-help-with-uninstalling/"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32317-ad-aware-10-killed-2-computers-need-help-with-uninstalling/[/url] . Great info and thankfully all I have had to do was just click on the uninstall button. Since then my machine is back to normal, just no pretection until I can find what the old version I has was and try installing that again. Been using your products for years and this is the first time things have gone a bit pear shaped.

Just thought that I would let you guys know and can hopefully do some R&D.

HP Touchsmart 310PC
Windows 7 Home Premium
Avast Anti Virus, nothing else.

Hi TheHaggis,

It might be some conflict with Avast unfortunately.

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1337005301' post='135567']
Hi TheHaggis,

It might be some conflict with Avast unfortunately.
[/quote]

Not so sure because I tried switching various things off and no matter what I did, nothing made any difference until I uninstalled your program. I have never had any conflict between them in the past.

Even if you turn off functions, the drivers will be running.

[s]Ad-Aware 9 and earlier versions were only anti-spyware programs, but now it is "Ad-Aware 10 Antivirus+" since version 10 is a good antivirus program with anti-spyware function.[/s]Better description:
Ad-Aware 9 and earlier versions had a limited real-time protection, but "Ad-Aware 10 Antivirus+" has full real-time protection that together with another antivirus program with full real-time protection can give conflicts of various kinds.

Have you been able to install version 9.6 again?

Ad-aware 10 provide you full protection 9.6 only offer you process guard that is why is was compatible with so many antivirus but ad-aware 10 is more than enough now.

2 bugs:
1. Scheduled scan can not be disabled! I think You are aware of this.
2.That's funny. See screenshot.

In the release of 10.2 or later a serious consideration to adding a checkbox option for "limited real-time protection" and "full real-time protection" should be added. With the reason as to why it is there shown.

Many of us have spent good money on Anti-Virus programs which we believe are good and have also spent money on Ad-Aware Pro licenses.I myself lost an entire Saturday morning installing 10.x and un-installing 10.x, what a waste of time. 4 frozen PCs.

10.x is not ready for Prime Time until a little more flexibilty is added in the options. I have 3 desktops running Vista / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) and 3 laptops running XP / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit). I have paid licences of Ad-Aware Pro on the 2 main family desktops but now will be holding off on any further purchases of Ad-Aware licences until these issues are resolved.

[quote name='reefvan' timestamp='1339084163' post='136336']
In the release of 10.2 or later a serious consideration to adding a checkbox option for "limited real-time protection" and "full real-time protection" should be added. With the reason as to why it is there shown.

Many of us have spent good money on Anti-Virus programs which we believe are good and have also spent money on Ad-Aware Pro licenses.I myself lost an entire Saturday morning installing 10.x and un-installing 10.x, what a waste of time. 4 frozen PCs.

10.x is not ready for Prime Time until a little more flexibilty is added in the options. I have 3 desktops running Vista / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) and 3 laptops running XP / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit). I have paid licences of Ad-Aware Pro on the 2 main family desktops but now will be holding off on any further purchases of Ad-Aware licences until these issues are resolved.
[/quote]Every modern AV program has anti-spyware module. I think you don't even need 2 programs of the same kind.

I installed a trial version yesterday and uninstalled it today.

The AdAware messed up my Wireless settings and upon uninstalling all seems to be fine.

If you could TEST your product a bit more thoroughly in the future, that would prevent potential customers like me from spending an hour or two wasting time.

Hi vgopalk,

Sorry, but it is impossible to test a program with all types of wireless network cards. There are too many of them.

@origin:
You will now find your posts here: [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32524-origin-splittet-topic-bsod/"]http://www.lavasofts...tet-topic-bsod/[/url]