• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddyCF

Can't restore quarantine files

8 posts in this topic

I am using the Ad-Aware Free version

Recently I scanned an external Data Storage and it was infected with a worm, so all my folders were put in quarantine and now i can't restore them.

Please help, is the first time i use Ad-Aware

Hi eddyCF,

Which version of Ad-Aware do you have, 9.6, 10.0 or 10.1?
1 person likes this

You are welcome,eddyCF. :)

Please, open the log file, that Ad-Aware created during the scan, in Notepad. Copy its content and paste it into your answer here to let us see what Ad-Aware did. You find the log file here:
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Please, open the Quarantine page in Ad-Aware and take a screen shot (Print Screen), that you can attach to your answer. It would also be nice if you could take a screen shot of the quarantine folder. You find the quarantine folder here:
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Quarantine
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Quarantine

Ask for details if you don't know who to do the above.

-----------
I have moved the topic from the forum "General support" to "Ad-Aware 9.x".
1 person likes this

Thank you CeciliaB,

I found a solution to recover my data.

In the folder options of my external data storage, I clear the check box of the [b]Hide protected operating system files [/b]option, and I get acces to my info.

Muchas gracias, un saludo desde México!!! ^_^ Edited by eddyCF

You are welcome, eddyCF :)

Good that you found a way to find your files, but then Ad-Aware had not moved them to quarantine. Do you need any help to investigate if there really was a worm and how it should be treated?

"Ingen orsak, en hälsning från Sverige!" ;)

Hi CeciliaB,

After backing my files, I selected the option that removed the objects in quarantine. Then I run a full scan on my pc and it was clean. I think for now my problem is solved.

But thanks a lot four your help, so cool that back there in Sweden there are very nice people! :D

You are welcome and thank you very much for your kind words, eddyCF! :D
1 person likes this