Sign in to follow this  
Dante3000

Ad Aware Pro Security will not finish full scan

Dell laptop studio 1535 dual core 4Gig ram win7. AA 10.1.211.3382

I was having the simular problem with the 'full scan'. it would run for about 2 hours then my laptop would crash, nothing in the Win log files. I reported the issue to support. Logged as 99335.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 10.2 under various options requested by support. Still no success.

At supports request I forwarded a number of logs generated by "msinfo32". That was June 22 and I have not heard back from them.

I read Cecilia's suggestion from support so I decided to try it (post 50). I am not running multiple anti virus programs and i am running defender and not the AA firewall.

What is interesting is that it appears you must disable all off AA's features in order to get full scan to work. Now why did I buy AA? I wonder if the developers have heard of 'regression testing'?

I will send my findings on to support. Edited by John M65

Hi John M65,

I can run a full scan without any problems, and a lot of other persons, for example Dante3000, can also do that, and it has been tested of course. Dante3000's original problem was that the scan stopped after 20 seconds but that was solved by running Eset's online scan and removing two threats.

I have no access to the emails between you and support. But it has happened before that emails have been lost, please send the last email again.

What antivirus program did you have before you installed Ad-Aware 10.1?
What type of crash do you get after about 2 hours?

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1340921678' post='136938']

What antivirus program did you have before you installed Ad-Aware 10.1?
What type of crash do you get after about 2 hours?
[/quote]

Cecilia I have been running various versions of AA for the last 6-7 years. Ah i have no idea. when i check the logs. The system message indicates that the system was not shut down properly... and the application log does not indicate anything unusal.

I just looked at my post and I see a mis-statement(post #51) . [b]I am NOT running Defender and using WIN 7 Firewall[/b]. I was running Defender a few months ago but not since installing Ver 10.

I did send an e-mail to support.

Like I stated before it is interesting that when all the features are turned off the full scan completes (on my machine)

Do you mean that the computer turns off itself after two hours, John? Then it might be an overheating issue.

Do you need to turn off everything or have you tried to turn off real-time protection but leaving other features on?