• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nichandros

By-Pass Ad-Aware Pro 30-day Trial

4 posts in this topic

I want to by-pass the 30 day trial and go directly to ad-aware basic version. Right now, I plan to disable everything and wait 30 days.

I really don't want the anti-virus scan. I am interested in the original ad aware program . How do I get just the ad-scan to work w/o anti-virus?

Is there a way to configure the anti-virus scan so that it asks before deleating suspected viruses?
Is there a way to configure the ad-aware scan so that it asks before deleating suspected ads?

Thanks, H

Hi androsnich,

All the features, that are not available in Ad-Aware 10 Free Antivirus+, are located under the header "Advanced Protection" on the main screen of Ad-Aware. You can turn them off, if you don't want to use them. After a certain amount of days, you will see a new screen when you start the computer and it will inform you that your Ad-Aware Pro Trial will expire in xx days. On that screen you click the "Activate" button and follow the instructions to register your Ad-Aware as Free Antivirus+.

Ad-Aware started to include an antivirus engine approx. 2 years ago. In version 8 and 9 there were two separate engines, one for antivirus and one for ad- and spyware. Many persons complained that Ad-Aware 9 used too much computer resources due to the two engines. In Ad-Aware 10 there is only one engine to decrease the used amount of resources, and then it is impossible to turn off the antivirus part.

Scheduled and on-demand scans always present you a list of what have been found and let you decide what to do with the found items.
To be asked when the real-time protection finds something suspicious, you click on the gear below "Real-time Protection" and set "Suspicious Programs" to "Prompt User".

Thanks for you help. I have everything turned off including scheduled scanning. I can not turn off antivirus antispyware. I still found it started a scan on its own. Any ideas why it is ill behaved?

It aslo installs itself at startup. How can I turn that off?

You are welcome :)

Even Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ has full real-time protection and to have that it is necessary to start automatically. How do you want to use Ad-Aware?