• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebh007

Adaware_Installer.exe is not a valid Win32 program

2 posts in this topic

I am running Ad-Aware Pro on Vista and have been doing so very happily for some considerable time (years not months).

My current Ad-Aware version is 9.6.0.

A prompt came up suggesting I upgrade to v10 which I am happy to do in principle (and in practice if I can make it work!).

I clicked on the 'Update Now' button and a download started. The download was a single file 'Adaware_Installer.exe'. I saved the file and then tried to run it, both from within Firefox and alsousing Windows Explorer - no joy - I just get this message: 'adaware_installer.exe is not a valid Win32 program'.

So, I tried downloading the file again. This time I got a different filesize - it was 6,091KB instead of 5,066KB - I have no idea why or how there was a difference. Anyway, having tried to initiate the installation with the second, larger, file, it ran perfectly.

Even though I found a solution, I couldn't find anything on the internet about this error so I'm posting this just in case others have the same experience.

Good luck!

Hi Sebh007,

I'm glad you found a solution. :)
It might have been some kind of error during the download that made the file smaller than it should be and therefore not a valid program file.