• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davidiq

No Activation Key

6 posts in this topic

I've just installed Ad-Aware Free. It shows as a free 30 day trial of Ad-aware Pro (OK by me) but when I try to do a scan the "scan" box remains greyed out. It seems to require an activation key which I haven't got. Can anyone help?

Dude you need to update ad-aware 10 to do a scan,about 30 day trial after 30 day you can register you free ad-aware 10 with a free registration key.

Thanks for the response but as I've just installed it (this afternoon) I don't get the reference to needing to do an update.

(BTW, I had it on my PC previously but I started seeing windows installer dialogue box keep appearing then failing because it couldn't find the right path. So I uninstalled ad-aware, then went for a clean re-install.)

Which threat definition version is loaded in Ad-Aware?
Do you have another antivirus or similar program installed?

I don't know how to determine which threat definition is loaded. See my previous post - this is a re-install. There was something during the uninstall process about saving definitions which I paid no attention to. I have AVG.

But I think this is a sidetrack. I get a dialogue box asking for an activation key, I guess because it has installed as a free trial of Pro. It tells me that the key will have been sent to me by email.But the download I requested was the Free version and at no point did it ask for my email address - so not surprisingly I have no key.

I don't recommend you to install Ad-Aware 10.1 in a computer that already has an antivirus program. It is too big risk for conflicts and serious problems. It is better that you keep Ad-Aware 9.6, which can be downloaded from FileHippo.

But to get definition version you click on the gear under "Antivirus & Antispyware" on the main screen of Ad-Aware and then select "Update Definitions" tab.

Everyone gets a free trial of Pro, since that is the only available installation file for Ad-Aware 10.1.