Sign in to follow this  
dbarsalano

count - splitted: Splash screen

So I'm sorry, I can then use the new version of Ad-Aware, but I have to stay with the elderly 9.6. With the programmers will not do anything? Avast is is very powerful and reliable anti-virus program, and a combination of both would be a very powerful tool.

Hi count,

You are welcome :)

I don't know if Lavasoft has decided to develop a version that will work well with other antivirus programs.

Sorry, but I don't know which screen you mean with eGLSplashScreen. Can you attach a screen dump (PrintScreen, Snipping Tool)?

I'll ask my contact person at Lavasoft if she knows why the "Remind me later" doesn't work in your case. They usually want to know which Windows you are using (XP/Vista/Windows 7, 32 or 64 bits). How often is that splash screen displayed?

The window appears every time after running AdAware. (A propos, if they cannot using AdAware 10 along with Avast, will have bound afraid after 12 years to say goodbye with AdAware, Avast - in no one case - then can not replace ...)
  • Like 1

Which Windows are you using (XP/Vista/Windows 7, 32 or 64 bits)?

Maybe Lavsoft will develop another version that can be used together with another antivirus program since so many persons want that.

Just to be sure: Have you both selected the check box and clicked on "Remind me later"?

Good, I thought so but wanted to be sure. I'll contact Lavasoft again.

Hi again,

Have you used the registry editor regedit?
I got information about what changes you can do in the registry to get the nag screen disappear for a month (standard time).

Do these two registry items exist and have these values?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware NagVisible(DWORD) = 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware DataVisible(REG_SZ) = 2012-07-20 15:52:29

If they don't exist, create them with above values.
If they exist, change the values to the above values.

Please, make a backup (export) of the Lavasoft folder in the registry before you change anything. Then it is possible to restore (import) the original settings if anything goes wrong.
It is also possible that it will be solved if you uninstall Ad-Aware, restart computer and then installs Ad-Aware again.

--------------
Since your posts are mostly about version 9.6 and this is the forum for 10.x, I'm thinking of moving your posts and my answers to them to a new topic in the forum for 9.x. Is that al-right for you?

It is probably a joke, but after uninstall, restart and reinstalling AdAware (in the WinXP registry) in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software missing item Lavasoft / AdAware at all!
This is already beyond my mental strength...
(You feel me "move").

Can you find it if you search for: Ad-Aware NagVisible ?
I can't check since I don't have 9.6.

Or maybe it is only added after you have selected to be reminded later.

I'm sorry, but the appropriate key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software) Lavasoft item really is not.
By the way, we could not definitively resolved by renaming or moving items AutoLaunch.exe from the directory Program Files/Lavasoft/Ad-Aware?

Then you have to add the registry items. As I wrote[quote]If they don't exist, create them with above values.[/quote]

If you rename or block programs or services, you will probably stop other parts of Ad-Aware from working correctly, for example schedule scans or updates of definitions.

Do you want any help with adding those to items to the registry?