• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onemore

Ad-Aware 10.x's email issues

30 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am using Ad-Aware for the last 4 or 5 years, without any important issue

I have 2 computers (XP and Win 7). Ad-Aware 10.x works fine with my Win7 computer

I send and receive emails only in my Win XP computer using Outlook Express. I have several email addresses, hosted in different servers. One of the servers is my Internet Provider (Bell). After I installed AA10, I am not able to send emails using these 3 email adresses (receiving is OK). Sending and receiving using the remaining addresses (the "no Bell" addresses) are working OK
Two technicians checked the computer and found the same problem: Ad-Aware. 10.1

FYI: the setting of the email protection was "off"

Unfortunatelly, after I uninstalled Ad-Aware, the 3 Bell email addresses are working fine.

So... my questions are --> is there anything I can try? any idea in order to deal with this issue? as all was working fine with version 9.6, should I go back to this version?

(Sorry for the long story...) :D

Pat

Hi onemore,

You could try to use Ad-Aware 10, but turning off "Shop & Bank Safety Online", "Safe Networking" and/or "Safe Browsing". Maybe one of them blocks a web address.

I think "E-mail Protection" is checking the content of emails and not where the mails are sent.

Hi CeciliaB,

Thank you for your answer

The only options activated are
- Antivirus and Antispyware
- Real Time protection
(see attached)

Pat

Hi onemore,

Ok. Any difference if you turn off one of those two features?

What is the address to the e-post server that doesn't work?
I can ask my contact person at Lavasoft on Monday, if they know anything about this problem.

Hi CeciliaB,

Nope, no difference. The only event that makes difference is if I unistall Ad Aware of if I deactivate it (via Task manager)

The email server is sympatico.ca (from Bell Canada)

Thank you again,

Pat

You are welcome, onemore :)

How are you deactivating Ad-Aware? Please, explain in detail.

CeciliaB,
As I explained, I used the Task manager to deactivate --> processes --> adawarebp.exe --> Services --> adware services --> services --> the 2 services

Pat

Thank you, onemore :)
I'm sure Lavasoft will appriciate the information.

adawarebp.exe is the browser protection process and it should only be involved in surfing.

Great!

As a matter of fact, the Bell's tech was the person who deactivated AA. He deactivated all the processes and services, and then, he activated / deactivated all these elements separatelly, in order to narrow the problem. When he deactivated AA, he was able to send an email

Thank you again! :)

Pat

You are welcome :)

Sorry, but my contact person at Lavasoft is very busy at the moment. I will ask again on Thursday.

OK :( I will be waiting
In th meantime, I uninstalled AA in order to use my emails

Pat

It is a known issue if the emails are sent over port 80. Can you see which port Outlook Express use when sending emails?

Thanks, onemore :)

I'll ask Lavasoft again tomorrow when my contact person is back in the office.

Lavasoft would like to connect to your computer and investigate why this happens. They need to investigate the problem to be able to find the bug and then be able to fix it. You will see everything they do, every mouse move, programs started etc. Is this acceptable for you?

As I told you, I uninstalled the program. Should I install it again? and then how should I proceed?

Thanks,

Pat

No problem :)

Someone at Lavasoft will send you a PM, here in the forum, with the information that you need. You two agree about a date and time. You can install Ad-Aware before that time or you can let Lavasoft install Ad-Aware.

Perfect, I will be waiting de PM

I just want to say THANKS to you, an excelent and very professional moderator :D

Pat

Thank You for the kind words!   :blush:

It is now after working hours so you will not get a PM today, but some of them will be working tomorrow but they aren't sure that they have time to contact you tomorrow.

You're welcome! :-)

I won't be here during the weekend, so perhaps is better on Monday. I'm in the ET (East time - Canada)

Pat

Hello onemore, thank you for your post. At the moment we are checking if your e-mail server is blacklisted. I will let you know, as soon as we get information.

I give up :angry:

After several failed contacts with an LS "contact" I decided that is less problem uninstall AA than keeping going with this program

I know I am not a paying customer, so I don't think that LS is very interested in my case. But there is a reason why I use the free version
I work with a 3D program, and it has several tools / plug-in. Several years ago, many users experienced problems using 2 tools. We investigated and we discovered that there was a Trojan affecting these tools. Ad aware was the only program that cleaned the Trojan and solved the problem. Since then, I created several tutorials and troubleshooting, published in forums and websites, recommending the use of the free Ad aware tool.
As a forum moderator, I use the free version to help the users of the 3D program

Making long history short, the last weeks I just experienced problems with AA and now, with this LS "contact".... :angry2: I ran out of patience and I can't recommend this type of experience to the users of the 3D programs

I just want to thank CeciliaB for her dedication

I'm sorry to hear that LS couldn't help you. I think they are interested in finding bugs in the program so they can improve it, and it doesn't matter if the bug is first found by a user of free or paid Ad-Aware.

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1342045853' post='137174']

I'm sorry to hear that LS couldn't help you. I think they are interested in finding bugs in the program so they can improve it, and it doesn't matter if the bug is first found by a user of free or paid Ad-Aware.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know if they can / cannot help
The first person is on vacation and the second person didn't understand the problem and didn't understand English, and today, that we were supposed to connect on line..... he disappeared :angry2:

Oh well!