• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joegs

How to turn off AdAware Update pop-ups

7 posts in this topic

I have AdAware 9.5.1 and would like to turn off the constant pop that asks if I want to update - with a link to AdAware Anti-Virus which I don't want. The only options on the pop-up are "Ask Me Later" and "Update Now" - I need one that says "Quit Bothering Me." The irony is that AdAware is supposed to GET RID of annoying pop-ups not create new ones. Any way to make this stop?

Hi joegs,

In Ad-Aware 9.6 there is a checkbox to select before clicking on "Remind me later" and then the popup will not be displayed until after a month. Do you mean that it is different in version 9.5.1?

Maybe that change hasn't been done in 9.5.1. Why not update to 9.6? There are a number of bug fixes in that version.

Cecilia - Followed your advice. The only update option I saw on this site is to the AV product that I don't want but I was able to uninstall 9.5.1 and reinstall 9.6 through a CNET link - and now I do have a checkbox which I didn't have before which, if it limits the pop-up reminder to once a month as opposed several times a week (and invariably when I least need the distraction), will be just fine. It is after all free and I do appreciate that and respect their right to occasionally remind of their existence. I'm a fan of Ad Aware, have used it for years, and recommend it to others - this is the first time I've had any slight annoyance with it. Thanks for the help.

You are welcome, joegs :)

I'm glad that you now has the checkbox.

I have AdAware 12.0.636.11167 and would like to turn off the constant pop that asks if I want to update - with a link to AdAware Anti-Virus which I don't want. The only options on the pop-up are "Ask Me Later" and "Update Now" - I need one that says "Quit Bothering Me." The irony is that AdAware is supposed to GET RID of annoying pop-ups not create new ones. Any way to make this stop?

Hi Bruce,

I've moved your question to a separate topic since this in the very old sub-forum of Ad-Aware version 9.

It's here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34806-i-dont-want-the-update-popup/

Edited by CeciliaB