• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lexular

Adaware still will NOT complete scan, out of ideas and skill to fix

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Adaware is still freezing during scans despite my best efforts which have included:

1) everything from the FAQ suggestions...I was successful in canceling and deleting everything up until the freezing

2) Adaware Build 1.60 is uploaded and updated

3) scanned in safe mode

4) I've been disconnected from the internet

5) I've tried following other forum suggestions but am not comfortable just going and deleting things because I don't know if they apply to me or not

I have been running Symantec Antivirus at a regular basis and it does keep picking up a trojan, trojan.favadd is this affecting Adaware? I had searched for that virus name on these forums but have no found it.

Aside from utter frustration, I have nothing left. Can someone please help me?

Thank you!!!!

I am having what seems to be the same problem. Did you ever get any help???

Hello,

Adaware is still freezing during scans despite my best efforts which have included:

1) everything from the FAQ suggestions...I was successful in canceling and deleting everything up until the freezing

2) Adaware Build 1.60 is uploaded and updated

3) scanned in safe mode

4) I've been disconnected from the internet

5) I've tried following other forum suggestions but am not comfortable just going and deleting things because I don't know if they apply to me or not

I have been running Symantec Antivirus at a regular basis and it does keep picking up a trojan, trojan.favadd is this affecting Adaware? I had searched for that virus name on these forums but have no found it.

Aside from utter frustration, I have nothing left. Can someone please help me?

Thank you!!!!

I am having what seems to be the same problem. Did you ever get any help???

No unfortunately I'm still up a creek...

Can anybody offer some assistance please?

Is anyone able to help soon? I want to get and keep Adaware up and running!

Thank you,

Lexular

I'm just wrapping up on my work computer, and will check out those steps when I get back to my home. I don't believe I tried those steps. (sorry :) ) I will repost after seeing how these steps work.

Thanks Ad Astra

Will this work for Windows 98?????? I have just about the same problem--scan works until deletion--deleting never finishes.

Will this work for Windows 98?????? I have just about the same problem--scan works until deletion--deleting never finishes.

Not all items will apply to Windows 98. Ignore the first section in total, in the second section section heading Ad-Aware add-ons and other tools ignore the VundoFix item but try the Lavasoft VX2 cleaner plug-in and running Ad-Aware SE using the command line options as specified

For Ad-Aware SE Personal:

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke +immortal

For Ad-Aware SE Plus:

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke +immortal

For Ad-Aware SE Professional:

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke +immortal

Psot back how you get on with 98.

Ok so I've tried all suggestions now, and still no luck. I know it's a couple of weeks later, but it's still frustrating.

Please help!!

Hello,

I want to thank Ad Astra for further suggestions....however--the add-ons and vundofix did NOT work. I'm at a loss now... it is going on 3 weeks that I have my problem (I was away for work for 1 of them) but I'm incredibly frustrated because I haven't gotten ANY resolution on this.

Can someone PLEASE HELP!!! I would like to fix all this before more damage!

I will repost if necessary but my problems are still the same.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0