• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new_user235

Computer reboots inexplicably when surfing

Question

Hello! The occurence in the title has happened to me twice and it started yesterday in the morning hours. I had been on the same page for a long time and suddenly the computer rebooted. An hours or so ago it happened again, on that same page. What is happening, is it a hacker, a virus, some kind of error in the browser? I use Google Chrome, I started using it less than a week ago.

Thank you for support!

5 answers to this question

Hi new_user235,

Sorry, but it is impossible to answer your question. You can check if any errors or warnings are added to Event Viewer at the same time as the computer rebooted.

re-seat your ram sticks and get rid of any dust were ram slots are with a brush
ps run a memory test scan from system repair press f8 when you do a reboot

Ok thank you! Coming to think of it the fan is sounding strange. Where are the ram sticks? This is a Dell laptop. Thanks again!

Usually you find the RAM sticks at the bottom under a removable cover. See http://www.ehow.com/how_6668378_install-stick-dell-laptop-computer.html It is about installing a memory stick and not removing it for dust cleaning, but the procedure would be similar.

Do you know which web page it occurred on? Then someone else could try to visit it.

Have you had more unexpected reboots during these two days?

If all else fails if you can a it take it to a tech and get them to check it it could be that the paste between cpu and fan is dry and needs replacing with new paste ie artic siver paste etc
get a full service done and tell them what the problems are