Sign in to follow this  
xradb22t

removing infection trojan.win32.generic!bt

You are welcome :)

I suggest that you start a new topic in General Support instead: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/forum/61-general-support/

Hello!

One of the main problems that you use lots of antivirus products. I counted about 10 of them in your logs. It can be a big conflict between AVs and system can work very slow. For example, you use Avast and AAW in the same time.
BTW from words to deal.
If you don't use Sophos Anti-Rootkit please stop "MEMSWEEP2" service, delete this service and kill file "C:\Windows\system32\ED5B.tmp". Please check you "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" file. If you have such strings:

[CODE]127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com
127.0.0.1 www.0scan.com[/CODE]

clear your "hosts" file. Make new logs and send them here please.

The entries in the hosts file are actually there as a protection, since they will stop the browsers to reach the malicious web sites listed in the current hosts file.

some people dont know why you cant use 2 different antiviruses on their computers, here is a why!

Running 2 different antiviruses both paid and free will couse instability and system failures when conflicting with each other. Differences bettween both are, the paid antivirus will have a better detection rate, plus better protection, a firewall and others, while the free one is giving you less protection, a not so good detection rate, and is lacking many features that paid antiviruses have.

So if the user is running both a paid and free, it is recomended to uninstall the free one and only run 1 antivirus at a time, by doing so you will not have anymore problems with system being slow, crashes and ect. But as a reminder you need to update the antivirus and renew your subscription if it has expired

Edited by xradb22t
  • Like 1

why can't i use 2 or more antiviruses at the same time? can someone explain that.

although i have 1 antivirus running, just need an answer

Hi, xradb22t,

The post link, below, was given to another person, as a technical explaination to your same question.

LS Andy explains why you should not have more than one antivirus program running at the same time.

(CeciliaB said, LavaSoft is working on a version of Ad-Aware that will co-exist with other AV programs, by allowing you to install the features you want, while shutting, or not installing features your existing AntiVirus program already has.)

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32555-every-time-i-run-live-update-w-9x-the-program-says-unexpectly-needs-to-close/page__view__findpost__p__136994

Edited by Robsav
  • Like 2

some people dont know why you cant use 2 different antiviruses on their computers, here is a why!

Running 2 different antiviruses both paid and free will couse instability and system failures when conflicting with each other. Differences bettween both are, the paid antivirus will have a better detection rate, plus better protection, a firewall and others, while the free one is giving you less protection, a not so good detection rate, and is lacking many features that paid antiviruses have.

So if the user is running both a paid and free, it is recomended to uninstall the free one and only run 1 antivirus at a time, by doing so you will not have anymore problems with system being slow, crashes and ect. But as a reminder you need to update the antivirus and renew your subscription if it has expired

Off-topic:

Congratulations, xradb22t! :)

Now you have to work hard at GeeekU ;)

Hi, CeciliaB,

I was curious, - if the conflict comes, I assume, because the programs are attempting to use the same memory location(s) for their 'hooks', - can LavaSoft make their program use 'dynamic' memory location(s), rather than static, - where it 'looks' at all the memory address's the other AV program(s) use, and chooses different ones during installation of theirs?

Or, - am I missing some obvious point(s) ... :) ... ?

Hi, xradb22t,

The post link, below, was given to another person, as a technical explaination to your same question.

LS Andy explains why you should not have more than one antivirus program running at the same time.

(CeciliaB said, LavaSoft is working on a version of Ad-Aware that will co-exist with other AV programs, by allowing you to install the features you want, while shutting, or not installing features your existing AntiVirus program already has.)

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32555-every-time-i-run-live-update-w-9x-the-program-says-unexpectly-needs-to-close/page__view__findpost__p__136994

Hi Robsav,

Sorry, I don't know such technical details :(

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !