Sign in to follow this  
haigster

Ad Aware Free Registration fails

After Installing Ad Aware I try to 'Activate' but after putting in my name and email (to register) it returns an error message "Registration failed! Please, check the activation message and try again."
Well, I cannot find an "activation message" the options presented are "Try again" and "Close". Closing the message and I'm back at the home screen. At the bottom it says
"Program awaiting registration, please register." and "Your protection has just expired. Please register to continue to get your latest definition file updates"

But the attempt to register fails. Any suggestions?

-haigster

Hi haigster,

Please, contact Lavasoft support team: http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/adaware_critical_problem_report
If you haven't received an answer within 48 hours, send me a PM with your name and email address and I will forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft, who can arrange that Lavasoft support contacts you.

Free activation does not work. Says it does not reconginze my ss #
I tried seveal tiems to acitvate only to get activation fails.

Is it not really free?

snowite

Hi snowite,

Ad-Aware 10 Free Antivirus+ is free.

Read what I wrote above in post #2, note that the 48 hours are on workdays and not during the weekend.
If you have another email address, you can also try to get a new activation code.

I'm having exactly the same problem (v10.2, Windoze 7, SP1), so have emailed support as Cecilia advises. However, as a free user I wouldn't expect any support at all, but if this problem is common as I suspect that it might be, then it would be useful for Lavasoft to post a solution to this forum.

I know, I could pay, but I've just lost my job and am trying to keep my costs down....

Hi fredriley,

Even users of the free product can receive support from Lavasoft for really serious problems that stops you from using the program, for example impossible to activate and crashes (BSOD).

Support will either give you a new key or increase the number of possible activations.

[quote name='CeciliaB' timestamp='1346278266' post='138543']
Hi fredriley,

Even users of the free product can receive support from Lavasoft for really serious problems that stops you from using the program, for example impossible to activate and crashes (BSOD).

Support will either give you a new key or increase the number of possible activations.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's useful to know. As it happens, when I booted up today and was prompted to get an activation key, the process worked, and I've now got an activated free product. Maybe yesterday was just a server glitch. Thanks for making the product available for free, as that's an important contribution to 'net hygiene' :)

Fred

I'm glad it is solved :)

I'll forward your "Thanks" to my contact person at Lavasoft.

Hello,

when trying to register i also get error message:

"Registration failed!" (s. attachment)

Please help !

Thank You

Hi A1484,

This is the sub-forum for Ad-.Aware version 10, which is rather old. Are you really trying to use version 10?