• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mykidsmomtx

How do I know if Adaware Pro is running?

4 posts in this topic

If I am in my main user account, Adaware shows up in the bottom system tray. However, when I switch users, there is no indciation that the program is running. Even if I click the icon, it won't open. How do I ensure Adaware is running for all users? Thanks!

Hi mykidsmomtx,

Unfortunately there is a bug in Ad-Aware 10. If you want to see that Ad-Aware is running when switching users, you first have to Exit Ad-Aware, switch user and then start Ad-Aware.

Thanks. I just want to be sure that it is running for all users. I saw it in the task manager so I figured it was but was concerned that I didn't see it in the program tray.

You are welcome :)

To check that Ad-Aware really is protecting the computer even when it isn't visible, you can download (save) eicar.com from http://eicar.org/85-0-Download.html That file is a test file, which isn't malicious at all, but all antivirus manufacturers have agreed upon that their programs shall detect that file. You don't get any pop-up or similar from Ad-Aware, but the file will not be saved on the computer and it will be listed on the quarantine tab of Ad-Aware, if everything is working.