• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b0101

can't install adaware 10 pro

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I purchased Ad-Aware 10 pro back in July. This was a renewal. However, when I try to install it, the program downloads, but then when I click on it and click run it just disappears.

I don't have any firewall software.

I've contacted the support team multiple times over the last few weeks but have only received one reply asking about firewall software.

Any suggestions about how to activate this program?

Thanks.

Hi b0101,

Which Windows do you have?

Do you have another antivirus program or similar program installed?

Have you checked your spam/junk folder? It happens now and then that the answers end up there.

If you send me your email address in a PM, I can forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft and they can investigate what has happened with your emails.

Thanks for your reply. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Windows Defender, but it is turned off. I regularly check my spam and junk mail folders and there haven't been any emails there. I'll forward you my email. Thanks again.

You are welcome :)

You can try to right-click the installation file and select "Run as administrator". Sometimes that makes it easier to install programs.

I'll forward your email address to my contact person.

Thanks, I did try running as an administrator, but that just disappeared after clicking run (same problem I had before). Thanks for forwarding the information.

You are welcome :)

Have you and Lavasoft found a solution?

Hi msa5169,

The most common cause is that another antivirus or other security program is installed. But let us see if b0101 can explain the fix or if you need to contact support.