• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CeciliaB

Solution
"Install package save error"

1 post in this topic

This is a summary of the problem and solution described in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/32843-adawarefree-v103453935-install-error-install-package-save-error/

DKielby was updating from Ad-Aware 10.2 to 10.3 and got the error message:

"Installation package save error. Please, check your firewall and security settings and try again later."

DKielby found this solution:

"First I looked in the Programs and Features control panel. I found three Ad-Aware installations.

1. Ad-Aware Security Add-on v2.2.0.11

2. Ad-Aware Browsing Protection v1.0.1.41

3. Ad-Aware Antivirus v10.2.21.3698

I successfully uninstalled the Security Add-on. I successfully uninstalled Browsing Protection. Then, the Antivirus program which remained offered two choices; 'CHANGE' and 'REPAIR'. There was no option to uninstall. I did not even look at the CHANGE option. I ran the REPAIR option. The repair process did it's thing and disappeared. I was a bit disappointed that there was no confirmation of the REPAIR completion nor it's success. The progress bar just disappeared. Then I looked to confirm that I still had a functional Ad-Aware v10.2.21.3698, and yes I did. Next I ran again the installation program file which was already downloaded. Installation was successful. Ad-Aware Free v10.2.21.3698 was upgraded to Ad-Aware Free v10.3.45.3935."