• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andre88

Problems uninstalling AdAware 10

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm reinstalling AdAware, but I have a problem: uninstall process stops suddenly, and appears the window of the image attached.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

post-89888-0-76541400-1349888114.jpg

Hello andre88,

We need additional information about the problem.

What program version do you use and what product version (Free, Pro...)? Can you please go to Start -> Run, type msinfo32 and click on Enter. System Infromation will appear. Click on File -> Save. Save the file and send it us please. Also, please describe in details the steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Ann

Hi Ann,

I use the free version! Simply trying to uninstall the program, through Start menu or Control Panel the same, after the wizard has ask me which file to keep and which not, uninstalling start and immediately stop, showing that message. In attached I also give you the Installer Log.

Thanks

Andrea

PS: forum says me "you aren't permitted tu upload this file" when I try to upload System Information.nfo, so I attach a screen.

MSI658db - Windows Installer Log AdAware.txt

post-89888-0-90003600-1350035709_thumb.jpg

Hello andre88,

Thank you for the information.

Can you please Go to the Control Panel, choose Ad-Aware Antivirus, click on Chage and select Repair. After program components which were corrupted would be reinstalled/repaired, please uninstall program from Start menu or Control Panel.

Do not uninstall any files/folders manually please.

Write the result then.

Thanks,

Ann

PS: forum says me "you aren't permitted tu upload this file" when I try to upload System Information.nfo, so I attach a screen.
Text files have to be renamed to use the file extension ".txt" before uploading them.

Hello andre88,

Thank you for the information.

Can you please Go to the Control Panel, choose Ad-Aware Antivirus, click on Chage and select Repair. After program components which were corrupted would be reinstalled/repaired, please uninstall program from Start menu or Control Panel.

Do not uninstall any files/folders manually please.

Write the result then.

Thanks,

Ann

Unfortunately, even if I try to repair, appears the first window I've posted (Error 2721).

Andrea

Hi,

even in this case, installing the program, appears the same window (Error 2721).

Ad-Aware is on my pc for a long time, but it wasn't my default antivirus, and it was not active (I used it only for scans) because I had Panda Global Protection as antivirus. Last week I had a problem updating Panda: the new version wasn't installed correctly, so I activated AdAware and I updated it. Here were born problems: the update has not gone well, and now the program doesn't work and I can't uninstall it. In the meanwhile I've solved problems with Panda.

I hope I've been clear! :)

Andrea

Hi,

While waiting for Ann, you might try to do a "Clean boot" and repair/uninstall Ad-Aware. After a "Clean boot" Panda shouldn't be active and disturb Ad-Aware.

XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us Method 2 and after Step 3 you try to uninstall/repair Ad-Aware

Vista and Windows 7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us perform Step 1 and then try to uninstall/repair Ad-Aware

Hi Andrea,

Do you accept that someone at Lavasoft connects to your computer to investigate the problem to be able to solve it?

You will be able to see and stop everything they do.

If yes, send a PM to LS Ann with your email address.

Hi Andrea,

I heard that your problem has been resolved. Congratulations! :)

I do not like ad aware security toolbar and I am unable to uninstall.

Please help.

Hi yaboya,

What happens when you uninstall the toolbar?

Which browsers do you use?