Sign in to follow this  
Qlap

Detectes aeexp.dll (Avira Antivir)

Since yesterday it detectes the file aeexp.dll of my Antivirus as a Trojan and it sends it to quarantine, so my Antivirus is stopped, and although I select "Ignore" everytime I reboot it detectes it again so it's quite annoying.

Edit: I've just uninstalled Ad-Aware in both computers.

Edited by Qlap

On my PC I got the same result yesterday, but I haven´t running AdAware in the background, I run every day a scan, therefore it didn´t disturb Avira.

Edited by stophis

Hi grumpus,

Please, tell us which Ad-Aware version you have and which "Threat definition version".

Thanks for your response. The Ad Aware version is 9.5.1, but if you could let me know how to check which threat definition verion I have it would be greatly appreciated.

You are welcome :)

On the main screen of Ad-Aware, you click on "Switch to Advanced Mode". Under the symbol "Web Update" more information will appear, including "Last Updated Details". (At least according to the manual, I updated to version 10 almost a year ago.)

Same issue here...My AdAware version is 9.5.1 too...(I don't use 10.0 because I don't know how to tell the newest version that Avira is my main Antivirus)...btw My threat definition update is the latest (0150.1001). My Avira version is the latest too (2013). Please solve this issue because it is a bit annoying and I prefer not to set an exception on AdAware.

Thank You

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. We will investigate and report back here.

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Malware Lab

Hi,

This is a false positive and will no longer be detected as of update 150.1002, which will be published within the hour.

Thanks to everyone who posted to advise us!

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Malware Lab

Sign in to follow this