• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raane

Remove Blekko

4 posts in this topic

Hi, i recently reinstalled AdAware, which i have been using for a few years now as part of my internet security. I've noticed it comes with Blekko search embedded into my browsers.

I'd much rather it didn't, i know i may have missed a cunningly hidden tickbox in the installation, but now that i have it on my computer i'd like to remove it, but i can't work out how; it always returns.

Now the fact that it was installed somewhat under the radar and the fact that it gives no obvious ways to remove itself strikes me as somewhat unethical software development and puts it in the arena of malware/adware which i thought adaware was supposed to remove.

Could you kindly, in a series of steps tell me how to remove this from my browser (Firefox). It does not reflect well on the company and it's frankly a dealbreaker for me.

Hi Raane,

The boxes with ticks to remove during installation are clearly visible and not hidden.

I have installed without any Blekko, why I need to ask some questions first.

Where do you notice Blekko, tool bar, start page, search engine, page when address is misspelled in address filed?

What add-ons related to Ad-Aware or Blekko is listed among the Firefox' add-ons?

it's frankly a dealbreaker for me
Do you mean that you're a paying customer?

If yes, you can use the Lavasoft support instead of this forum with volunteers: http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/contact_support

Blekko appeared in the search bar, i removed that. It still however acts as the address bar search and default page when opening a new tab. I don't see anything to do with Lavasoft or Blekko in the addons or plugins.

Write in the address field of Firefox:

about:config

Find the row with "keyword.URL" (you can use the search field), right-click the row and select restore (or similar phrase).

Search for "blekko" in the search field, and restore the settings you find.

Restart Firefox.

Did that help?