• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdsouza

Manual download of definition updates?

3 posts in this topic

I have an infected computer that I want to clean, and don't wont to go online until it is clean. I want to install Adaware on it, but can't find out how to download the updates manually so I can install them on an offline machine. Any ideas? Can't find any link for it from the main lavasoft , and the ones that come up on google are for older versions (2006 or so).

Thanks.

Hi jdsouza,

You can't install or update Ad-Aware without internet access.

Tto get help with cleaning the computer, I suggest that you post in the forum Help with Stubborn Infections by following Step #2 of the instructions in the topic Read This Before You Post!. DDS and the logs are easy to transfer between a computer with internet access and the infected computer.

Hi jdsouza,

I would echo CeciliaB's words - to install Ad-Aware, you need an internet connection to download the installer. The installer then downloads the remaining files & updates.

We do not officially make the definiton files available for manual install but if Ad-Aware 10.x is already installed I can suggest a workaround: see attachment.

Manually add defs to Ad-Aware 10.x.pdf