• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
mcbuchanan

Unable to start a new scan

Hello all,

I'm trying to fix an issue with my AdAware free. I'd like to do a full scan, but when I pull up the program, and go to the Scan menu, I can choose which scan I want to do, but the "scan" button that will start the scan is greyed out, and I don't know what happened. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't help. It also doesn't matter which scan type I choose (ie. quick, full or custom), I can't start any one of them!

Thanks in advance!

Hi mcbuchanan,

Unfortunately, some kind of error was introduced in an update about 24 hours ago and that stopped the possibility to scan. But it should be fixed in the latest update. Please, update by first clicking on "Settings" to the right on the main screen of Ad-Aware, and then "Check for updates". If still impossible to scan, please wait until tomorrow.

If you have a Facebook account, you can read more information about this issue on Lavasoft's Facebook page, in the conversations between some users and Lavasoft staff: https://www.facebook.com/lavasoft.adaware

Of course it will be fixed. As far as I know the programmers have already changed the program, it is just a matter of time before all installed Ad-Aware have been updated.

Unfortunately, there is a problem with the update servers at the moment.

The issue with the update servers was solved approx. 3 hours ago. But the servers will be heavy loaded now, when all installations of Ad-Aware need to download several days of new definitions and it will take some time before everything is as usual. I can see that my Ad-Aware downloads the new definitions very slowly at the moment.

• Like 1

Hi paquing,

Is the computer connected to internet through a proxy server?

That isn't supported by Ad-Aware 10. It doesn't seem to be a general update issue, since I got new definitions 5 minutes ago.

Please, report back, if you have the same issue tomorrow, and I'll ask my contact person at Lavasoft.

- downloaded and installed adaware 30 minutes ago

- installed as 'second defense' with avg already installed

- downloaded definitions updates without problems

- i am using Windows 7 64-bit, with no proxies (fiber internett)

- Scan button greyed out on all search options.

Hi nokkien,

Have you restarted the computer since you installed Ad-Aware?

Do you have Ad-Aware version 10.5.0 or a later version according to main screen of Ad-Aware?

What is the "Threat definition version" according to "Update Definitions" tab?

Have you got any messages from AVG regarding Ad-Aware?

Sometimes antivirus programs and firewalls blocks Ad-Aware, but, according to my contact person at Lavasoft, your combination worked well when all questions from AVG regarding Ad-Aware were answered with allow or similar term.