• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ossiestorm

Virus Detected - Adaware Deletes but comes back

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

anyone seen the virus being picked up by Adaware in the following files:

121031200349-M[2].zip

121103031826-l[1].zip

Adaware will delete the file and the virus seems to be gone when I do another scan but comes back. Perhaps it is hidden somewhere else and Adaware is not picking it up?

Do we know what the virus does?

Hi ossiestorm,

Sorry, but it's impossible to know what those two zip files contain.

Do you know in which folders they are located?

Do you find the files if you search for them?

What does Ad-Aware call the threats that are in the files?

I have the same problem

both found in ....\local settings\application data\adaware\data

Virus is listed as HTML:Fraud-J

Hi pludikar,

Does Ad-Aware find zip files in that folder?

I don't have any zip files in that folder. But anyway, it is probably false positives, since it's unlikely that a malicious program would use an Ad-Aware folder. Please, follow the guide http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=18033 to give Lavasoft all the information they need to be able to investigate if it is a false positive.

Hi again ossiestorm and pludikar,

I have discussed this with my contact person at Lavasoft. It's a false positive and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Same problem here. The zip files (I have two files in this folder) are in

c:\users\####\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 then in 2 separate subfolders.

Every few minutes I get a message saying that a program is trying to access an infected file that is in the Lavasoft Adaware directory.

Strange that the files are reported to be in a subfolder of IE5 when I have never had Internet Explorer v5 on this pc!

Hi istaton,

Yes, it's strange that Microsoft hasn't changed that folder name during all these years. But that folder is used as a cache by Internet Explorer.

Which version of Ad-Aware do you have, Free/Personal/Pro and version number?

What is the "Treat definition version" on the "Update Defnitions" tab?

I have some difficulties to understand. Does Ad-Aware report that you have infected files in an Ad-Aware folder or in Content.IE5 folder?

What file names and in which folder?

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !