Sign in to follow this  
Novackfamily

Upgraded from Total Security to Pro Plus 10.4 but...

Working with Lavasoft staff on my systems I now have computers with the full, maximum paid versions of both Total Security <now expired> and Ad-Aware Pro Plus 10.4 at the same time. The new did not uninstall or deactivate the old. There are no instructions for what to do. Should I uninstall Total Security manually? Total appears in the tray while Pro Plus does not. althougn it appears under programs and shows it is fully activated. There is a worry because Total keeps popping up EVERY HALF-HOUR or so that it has blocked attempted access to a viris file while the new Ad-Aware does not. <C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\adaware\data\temp.zip Infected with: HTML:Fraud-J (Engine-B> If I uninstall or somehow deactivate Total will that recurring viris attempt take over?

Edited by Assignor

Hi Assignor,

You should absolutely uninstall Total Security, I don't think it's good to have both Total Security and Pro Security installed. If you, after the uninstallation and turning on all applicable features in Ad-Aware 10.4 Pro Security, still don't see any icon in system tray, please reinstall Ad-Aware 10.4 Pro Security.

<C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\adaware\data\temp.zip Infected with: HTML:Fraud-J (Engine-B>

That is a false positive, it is a file used by Ad-Aware Pro Security, probably while updating its definitions.

Thanks - will do.

Meanwhile - that false positive must be with Total Security because it was occurring before Ad-Aware Pro 10.4 was downloaded. So you are saying it would have been detecting its own file. wierd.