Sign in to follow this  
Gio7707

Ad-Aware 10.4 Update

I am currently in the process of downloading the new version, but it still will ask me to install Adware AV which would interfere with my existing AV.

I read the instruction about the on demand option, but it doesn't seem to work for me , what are possible solutions here (uninstall the old version ??) .

Thanks for this great software !!

warm regards from the eastcoast USA

Gio

Edited by Gio7707

Yes, when installing Ad-Aware 10.4, it will discover that Avast is installed and the drivers of Ad-Aware will not be installed, which means that Ad-Aware can only be used as an on-demand scanner. If you already have Ad-Aware 10.x installed, I recommend that you uninstall it first, to be sure that all drivers are removed.

How to uninstall Ad-Aware 10.x

Thanks so much ..I just still can't understand when getting the new software it will ask you to download the AV software from Ad-Aware ..I do not want the AV ..just the scanner ...sorry for bothering you ...

Edited by Gio7707

You are welcome :)

No need to apologize, I like answering questions.

The Ad-Aware on-demand scanner includes signatures for virus, trojans etc. too, and not only for adware and spyware.

I have avast .. I thought they fixed the bugs with this new version ??

there are numerous problems with Avast 7, not Ad-aware 10.4, Gio7707.

I'm checking the avast forums about this.

not a good idea to use ad-aware 10 along with avast, especially Win8 users who are experiencing BSOD crashes with the latest version of avast 7 (v7.0.1474), which was supposed to be Win8 compatible but there are some unresolved issues with avast 7 under Windows 8.

Edited by erpguy6

Just checkin in and thanks for that information, yes indeed there are many problems with Ad-aware since my Avast is version 7. However I have uninstalled it since it was full of bugs and didn't work correctly. If you/or anybody on this board could send me the download link for the older version 9 , that would be very helpful !!

Thanks again for your info, that explains everything !!

Just checkin in and thanks for that information, yes indeed there are many problems with Ad-aware since my Avast is version 7. However I have uninstalled it since it was full of bugs and didn't work correctly. If you/or anybody on this board could send me the download link for the older version 9 , that would be very helpful !!

Thanks again for your info, that explains everything !!

I think you slightly mis-understood what I wrote in my previous post, Gio7707. there were numerous problems with AVAST 7, not Ad-aware.

there were more problems with Avast than with Ad-aware but downgrading to Ad-aware 9 should be okay if you're not using a computer powerful enough to handle Ad-aware 10.

AND you should also un-install Avast 7.0 and wait for Avast 8.0 to be released later in 2013 since avast 7.0 continues to cause problems with several Windows users out there.

btw, happy new year 2013 to you.

Edited by erpguy6

AND you should also un-install Avast 7.0 and wait for Avast 8.0 to be released later in 2013 since avast 7.0 continues to cause problems with several Windows users out there.

or switch from using avast antivirus to using AVG antivirus while keeping ad-aware 9, Gio7707.

I've used AVG in the past and it's very good and gets along well with Windows 8 and is less problematic than avast.