Sign in to follow this  
RMc-Canada

Gaming Mode?...

How exactly does Gaming Mode work in 10.X ?.

Please don't tell me that you are expected to 'Manually' Enable & Disable it each & every time you Start a game & Stop a game?... You play MMO's like I do?, you can log on & off a game many times a day?. I dare say nobody would be bothered or wants to have to do this Manually?.

It should be Completely Automatic. Most Free & Paid are today, &/or are moving in that direction.

TY. Ron.

Hi Ron,

I have asked my contact person at Lavasoft, but due to the weekend and holidays I don't know when I will get an answer.

• Like 1

Ok Great TY.

I'm not playing any PC games right now so was just curious. ;) Catching up on XBOX LOL!, but I will be...

I don't want to enable it right now just in case it is 'manual' & it would suppress all alerts etc.. The user guide doesn't explain much unfortunately.

I’d love to know if its meant to be Enabled & left Enabled?, & when a game or full screen application is detected it then automatically kicks in type thing?(I Hope).

You are welcome :)

Due to the holidays, it's unlikely that anyone has time to answer until the end of next week.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Guest Ann_M

Hi Ron,

There are a lot of messages/popups/notifications/ballons in Ad-Aware program like: ballon appears when definitions were downloaded (if user selects to show it), popups appear when Trial or activation expires, message and notification appear when new version is available, Firewall messages (Pro version), Real-Time Protection ballon and so on. The Gaming Mode feature stops displaying any of messages/popups/notifications/ballons. Mostly it is useful when user is playing a game. Unfortunately, we cannot check when a game was started and we cannot enable Gaming Mode automatically. That is why user has to do that manually when user needs to stop displaying any of messages/popups/notifications/ballons.

Also, to have Gaming Mode enabled permanently is not recommended as you can miss useful information.

I hope I have answered your question.

Regards,

Ann

TYVM for your reply Ann. :D

Please consider a Fully Automatic Game/Fullscreen Mode in future. Many AV/FW programs already have this in place including Avast Free, AVG Free, Outpost Free, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Panda AV-Pro, HitmanPro, to name a few, all have fully automatic Game Modes.

A Manual Game Mode is Useless & might as well not be their IMO as I've already described in detail, I wont be bothered to use it as I'm sure most wouldent. As I feared, turning it on & off ten times a day your bound to forget it on etc.?, this would leave your PC at risk. Manual just dosen't work. :(