• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elijahthomas777

Couldn't Connect To Update Service

12 posts in this topic

I just downloaded Ad-Aware free and it installed correctly. When trying to update the antivirus definitions I get an error that states "Couldn't Connect to Update Service". The progress meter acts like it is downloading something and then when it reaches the end this message pops up in a new message box.

Hi elijahthomas777,

Please, restart the computer and test again.

If you still can't update Ad-Aware, please answer the following questions.

Is your computer connected to internet through a proxy server?

Which Windows version do you have?

Do you have another antivirus program installed?

Hi Cecilia,

My Definition update seems ok but the Program update gives the ‘Couldn't connect message. Must be an issue.

Hi elijahthomas777,

Please, restart the computer and test again.

If you still can't update Ad-Aware, please answer the following questions.

Is your computer connected to internet through a proxy server?

Which Windows version do you have?

Do you have another antivirus program installed?

No known update issues January 2.

It seems to be a general issue with downloading new Ad-Aware versions from inside the program. Lavasoft is investigating.

Edit:

A clarification:

The issue isn't with the Ad-Aware program, but with the server having the latest version of Ad-Aware.

I'm having the exact same problem as elijathomas777, CeciliaB.

I guess the Lavasoft server(s) recently are either not working well or overcrowded, thus ad-aware definition update downloads are very slow and suddenly time out after little or no activity. or ad-aware has problems connecting to the lavasoft server for updates but other web sites work okay.

this is where I miss downloading ad-aware definition updates manually.

Hi erpguy6,

:( I'll contact Lavasoft again. I haven't noticed any issues with definition updates this year, but maybe it depends on where in the world you are. You two are in US and I'm in Europe.

Hi RMc,

Can you download the latest version from Lavasoft (Cnet) website?

http://www.lavasoft...._aware_free.php

Just to be clear, I already have Ad-Aware installed. Their are Two update options in Ad-Aware?, One for Definitions & One for the Program itself?, I was just saying the Program update is giving me that error message & I just checked & it still is.

I'm sorry, I thought you had e.g. 10.4.47.41.63 and Ad-Aware told you that a new version was available but you couldn't download it. I hope Lavasoft has fixed the server issue soon.

I'm sorry, I thought you had e.g. 10.4.47.41.63 and Ad-Aware told you that a new version was available but you couldn't download it. I hope Lavasoft has fixed the server issue soon.

Nope I own Pro, Software version 10.4.49.4168?. Just hit 'Check for new version' & am still recieving the could not connect message. BTW?, Re-installing it did not help. Definitions seem to be downloading ok.

No Worries Cecilia, just tryin to help ;)

The update issue is now resolved :)