Sign in to follow this  
GoldToyBox

Lost my Ad-ware Total Security

Question

Windows died but got it reinstalled and saved my data BUT where is my Ad-Ware?

guesss it's GONE.

Tried to log into Customer support ...... humm, wants my email & password .... no luck bummer, asked for a new password ..... did it several times over the last 3 days but no new password has arrived (checking the spam folder too).

I can login to this Forum using my user name but customer supports wants my email? I did get a "happy new years" e-card from LavaSoft today, so they have my e-mail. I tried the user name inleu of the email address but no luck. Is anyone home?

sooooooo, how am I going to get my Ad-ware back? I loaded up the Free version to have something while I wait patiently ...... yea right

7 answers to this question

Hi GoldToyBox,

Please, send me your email address in a PM and I'll forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft. They will then contact you, probably in a PM with further questions or instructions.

Note, that you must uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ before installing Ad-Aware Total Security.

Hi GoldToyBox,

I have checked your email in our system and cannot locate an account, did you use another email when you purchased your copy of Total Security?

KInd regards,

Corina

Hi GoldToyBox,

I have set your post as invisible to stop spam spiders/crawlers to find your email addresses. Corina is still able to read it.

• Like 1

You are welcome :)

You're right, license keys shouldn't be public.

But now you wrote "Ad-Aware Pro Security" and not "Ad-Aware Total Security", that may explain why your email address wasn't found. It is maybe different databases for the two products.

Have you tried to enter the license key for your Ad-Aware Pro Security into your Ad-Aware Free?

Click the Options button in top right corner and select the General tab.

someone above said, I had to delete the free version to reinstall my "old" version? So I did.

How do I reload my "old" version now that I found the lic keys?

Ok, reintalled the Free Version and entered by Lic Key ..... I guess I'm up and running? The page looks different than what I had and I haven't found the "backup files" feature? So I have no idea if I have the correct version running?

and to further confuse things: Where is my Registry Tuner?

My patience is getting thin ....... been trying for a week now.

Edited by GoldToyBox

someone above said, I had to delete the free version to reinstall my "old" version?
Yes, I thought you wanted to have Total Security and not Pro Security. Pro Security and Free Antivirus+ are the same program, but with different features activated/installed (depending on the licence key). Total Security is a completely different program.

There is no "backup files" feature in Ad-Aware Pro Security, never been. I'm really confused now. Did you buy "Pro Security" or "Total Security" and what did you have installed before?

Where is my Registry Tuner?
You can download all programs from Lavasoft web page: http://www.lavasoft.com/free_download/trial/

Install the trial version and enter your registry key.

When you started this topic, I thought you had lost the license keys, that's a very common isssue. I'm sorry that I misunderstood you.